9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2016 2:51 PM by wally3433 RSS

MVC Chairman's Club now gets Marriott Lifetime Platinum Status

notorious-5150 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Some good news for Marriott Vacation Club Owners at Chairman’s Club Level – you will also get Marriott Platinum Elite status.   The original Platinum Elite offering was 3 years after hitting the Chairman’s Club level but MVC is revising it to Lifetime as long as you maintain Chairman’s club level.;

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: MVC Chairman's Club now gets Marriott Lifetime Platinum Status
    curiousone Platinum

I was wondering when this would hit the blog. As a member of the Chairman's club I was vey happy about this. I held off posting about it since I am sure a lot of Marriott people are not going to be happy with this MVCI benefit. As a regular Plat member I am not really adding to the ranks of Plat members. However, it does effectively give me lifetime Plat as long as I don't sell my MVCI (Or, MVCI and Marriot decide to split up. As two separate corps, it could happen.)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

notorious-5150 Platinum

I can also see how Marriott Rewards folk could be upset with the saturation of Platinum members between Vacation Club and Starwood users - but I really value the extra benefit.  I don't see how they would ever willingly cut ties - but could see how they might be forced to, since it does give them an competitive advantage.  

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Excuse my ignorance, but how can it be "Lifetime" Platinum if you can lose the status????  Feels more like you have Platinum until they tell you that you're no longer Platinum????

notorious-5150 Platinum

They could have rephrased it to as long as you are Chairman Level in MVCI that you will also get Platinum Elite Status in Marriott Rewards as a benefit.   Since they are two entirely different programs, I see how it could how it could cause confusion - since there are conditions to maintain the Platinum status.

laketahoe Platinum 3 Reviews

There are not many MVCI members at the Chairman level.  MVCI is trying to sell more vacation club points.

wally3433 Platinum 2 Reviews

Nice.  But shouldn't this be recipricol?  LTP should bet Chairman Club Level?  Harder to become LTP then Chairman.

wally3433 Platinum 2 Reviews

Certainly if you have spent enough money to be MVC Chairman you realize time is worth more than just money.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...