9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2016 6:19 PM by zunilily46 RSS

New Orleans Options

samseering Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello all,

I'll be traveling for a weekend in New Orleans with my girlfriend in March. We are both mid-twenties, so we like to go out, but also like to sleep in and stay in. We are currently looking at the Renaissance, the JW Marriott, and The Saint Hotel. What would you all recommend between the three? I have platinum status if that would make a difference.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New Orleans, LA
  • Re: New Orleans Options
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

samseering,

I've never stayed at The Saint, so can't help there. The JW gets great reviews. As far as the Renaissance, there are two. The Pere Marquette, and the Arts District.  My pick here is the Pere Marquette for location.

Also, since you're mid-twenties, have you thought about the Moxy? I've never stayed, but I believe they are building them for "kids" your age.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

j&c Platinum

Agree with painedplatinum! We just stayed for one night at the Pere Marquette and were so very impressed! A truly beautiful facility with a perfect location (and great rate). We were treated well - celebrating our anniversary - and really appreciated how everyone went out of their way to host us! The lobby lounge is also the "concierge lounge" so we enjoyed excellent appetizers as well as an extensive buffet breakfast. There is also a room just off this area specifically for Gold/Plat with snacks, beverages and a deluxe coffee maker. Outstanding! Great exercise studio, too!

Best for us, tho, being OFF Bourbon St. - but by only a block. Quiet and so less crazy. C

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

How about we bring our NOLA expert into the thread and see what SeaTexan has to offer for suggestions!

whodatplatinum Platinum 1 Reviews

Samseeting, the Saint is a very nice hotel. Very modern hotel, platinum status wont get you much there.  No amenities like M-Life room at the Marriott or JW.  The Burgundy bar is very nice and has a pool table in the Saint.  Rooms are very nice, if you can get a suite its worth the stay.  Haven't stayed at the Moxy yet, but I have heard good things.  The Pere Marquette Renaissance is nice as well.  Almost all the Marriott's in NOLA are excellent and the ones you named are very nice and in the right area.  JW just got remolded and I haven't been in it since they did that.  Hope you have a blast as I'm there at least 1-2 weekends a month.  But if you want amenities I would have to suggest JW as they have free breakfast on the weekends in the executive room.  Hope this helps and have fun!

samseering Platinum

Free breakfast is important for my girlfriend so it looks like the JW may be our selection! Thanks so much of the detailed post!

seachi Platinum

Same age group and I just stayed at the Ritz. With status I got a nice suite. Wasn't on your list, but worth a look. It was actually the cheapest Marriott the week I was there, so take a peek...!

seatexan Platinum

Ha thanks IAHFLYR

JW if you want the perks of a real lounge.  Neither the Saint or the Ren have lounges.  You still get the option of free breakfast however.  The Ren does have a little room to grab drinks, but not like the JW. 

I find the JW is hard to get upgrades at b/c SO MANY with stats stay there.  You might get lucky.  Also, higher floor/canal street view IS considered an upgrade at the JW.  If you can book a corner room, that is the way to go!

The Saint and Ren are more unique and "hip" with furnishings.  The JW more traditional rooms but their lounge is pretty sweet.

See my link: JW New Orleans Lounge - in photos

Location for all 3 are great.  Downside for the Saint location is that its right on Canal Street and can get crazy if you want to get your car.  VERY busy street.

I did decide to take a break from the JW for front desk rudeness, poor housekeeping (takes over an hour sometimes for get anything you need), and request like feather free room being ignored every time. 

I think you are better taken care of at the Ren, but if the lounge is important than only the JW out of those has it. Like painedplatinum said, it is also a good location in that its not right on top of the crazy.  It's very close, but removed enough to be able to enjoy sleep.   The Ren is under renovations right now but by March they might be finished.  I think just the restaurant is being redone.  So you would eat your free breakfast at the bar/lounge. 

I don't think you get any perks at the Moxy really.  I did think about staying there, and it got decent reviews, it's just not full service and it's also a PARTY PARTY hotel.  Everyone there might sleep in .  I don't think all the rooms have windows either...

seachi makes a good point, If you can get a good deal, then the Ritz has it all, but you really need to catch them at a good time.  I have seen them cost less than the JW before.  Breakfast there is OMGOOOOD! So good. And so are the drinks.  Most of the time it's quite pricey.

seatexan Platinum

Here is something fun!

http://traveler.marriott.com/new-orleans/bartender-rad-rachad-new-orleans-cocktails/

Also they talk about Byron at the Ritz and I can personally tell you how amazing he is and how wonderful the Bloody Marys he creates are! Legit!

zunilily46 Platinum

We have stayed at the New Orleans Marriott on Canal. It is only a block or so from Bourbon St and is on the same side of the street as the "action". If you are looking for perks as a Platinum they are pretty good. We have been upgraded to a Suite or Large Corner Room over looking the Mississippi River. They have the best M Club that we have tried. It is hands down better than any regular EL that we have visited in the US(can't say it is better than some of the European ones!) The food changes in the evening on a daily basis. They have seafood gumbo every night which is very good, but then there is the breakfast buffet. I think the best one I have every had at ANY Marriott property. It is easily worth about $25 per person.  We talk about trips to NOLA just to stay there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...