14 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2017 12:30 PM by l8chkout RSS

Anyone Tried Crossover Rewards between Delta and SPG?

nationwide Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone tried getting the Crossover Rewards between Delta and SPG?  I registered for the Crossover Rewards a few weeks back, and had an unusual need to take a Delta flight out of Atlanta this week.  My miles showed up on the Delta account, but nothing as of yet at SPG.  Anyone know how long that usually takes to process?  I am hoping this initial experience doesn't turn into another points chasing adventure.... 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Anyone Tried Crossover Rewards between Delta and SPG?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

It's taken me 3 years to manage a United flight following the Marriott tie-in, so alas, no!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

nationwide,

According to the Delta website "Starpoints that you earn for eligible Delta flights will post to your SPG Member account for each segment within 4 to 6 weeks after the segment of the eligible Delta flight is completed."

However on a Round Trip flight I had in early November it only took 10 calendar days for SPG to post the points to my account after my return flight was complete.

Also noticed this article from this week that Delta has announced Crossover Reward Members are now eligible for upgrades to both Comfort + and First Class seats.

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/12/spg-delta-comfort-upgrades/

nationwide Platinum

vaboywnder, thank you so much for bringing these details back to the surface for me.  I now recall reading the 4-6 week guidance when I initially registered, but that had completely slipped my mind.  Much appreciated!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I recently applied for the Crossover Rewards program and had different results on 3 1-way flights.

• New Orleans to Los Angeles-We were upgraded to Comfort + based on bikinchris's silver status with Delta. We checked in and boarded with Sky Priority.  My Crossover Rewards status would have been at the bottom of the upgrade list, so I don't think that had anything to do with the upgrade.
    • Los Angeles to Orlando-The agent directing travelers to the correct check-in line looked at my boarding pass and asked me "What does Crossover Rewards mean?"  As I tried to explain the benefits to her, she directed us to the regular check-in line.
    • Orlando to Dallas-The agent looked at my boarding pass and directed us to the Sky Priority check-in line.  That was a nice perk because there was no wait in that line, while the regular check-in line would have been a lengthy wait.  We still boarded with Zone 1 which I had assumed was due to bikinchris's silver status.

My Starpoints have not posted yet; however, all 3 flights were in the last couple of weeks.  One of the benefits that will be useful to me will be the free checked bag if I am flying without bikinchris and need to check a bag.

vaboywnder  Thanks for thepointsguy link.  That answered most of the questions I had about the program.

nationwide How long did it take your Starpoints to post?

nationwide Platinum

razorbackfan, it took a couple of weeks as I recall.  It was relatively quick though and required no follow up chase of points.  So, kudos to the "appropriate team" at Starwood!

nationwide, I got 124 points for the first leg of our journey from New Orleans to Los Angeles.  The points posted 13 days after the flight. The points for the other 2 legs should post soon. Do I get to multiply these X 3 when I transfer them to Marriott?

nationwide Platinum

Yes Indeed my friend!  Those points are triple coming back to Marriott!

razorbackfan, your Razorbacks are tusslin' with my son's Ole Miss Rebels here in Nashville tonight.  Any predictions for that game?

nationwide, Of course, I predict the Razorbacks will win.   I thought about flying to Nashville, but discovered that all the ticket books had been sold.  I guess there must be some way that fans who buy the books can sell individual tickets to games they don't want to go to. From what I could see, the games yesterday didn't have big crowds.  The announcers were also talking about Rupp Arena Nashville, so I guess the Kentucky fans bought most of the books.

You seem to have connections with several SEC schools (Ole Miss, Florida, and A&M).  Are those all family connections?  Are you going to the game? 

nationwide Platinum

razorbackfan, my wife and I are UF Alumni, and our son in an Ole Miss Alum as of last year.  I think you may have seen me mention a trip to College Station last fall for the Ole Miss vs A&M game.  Lots of A&M friends, but we make a special effort to get there if one of our schools are playing them. 

As for Nashville, it was a complete coincidence that I was in town on business this week.  However, I took the opportunity to make my first Starwood stay at the new Westin.  It was really quite nice!  I was fortunate to get the reservation because the city was full of folks in blue shirts   Yes, Kentucky is treating this new contract with Nashville like a home tournament   They outnumbered other schools fan presence by a long shot.

My Starpoints have all posted for our 3 1-way flights--all 459 of them!  I tried to transfer them to Marriott and discovered I have to have 1000 before I can transfer them.

l8chkout Gold

Not hard to earn a few more. Uber rides also earn, even when you're not staying at a property.

Only 0.5 points per dollar you spend, but helps move those orphan points out.

Also remember you can transfer the other way from Marriott to SPG..though it's 1,000 increments so you'll always have some stuck until the programs merge.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Starpoints from my 12/29 DL flight posted on 1/10, and points from my 1/1 DL flight posted on 1/18.  I also just took a DL flight last week on 3/2, and those Starpoints haven't posted yet.

jw99 Platinum

Upgraded seats will likely NEVER happen as there aren't enough seats for all the Delta Exec. Platinum, Diamond Engagement Platinum, and the "I-fly-so-much no name is required" customers. It's a benefit you'll never get.

jw99, after reading the T&C, I figured we would be extremely lucky to be upgraded. It was a nice perk; however, to be able to check-in  in the Sky Priority line.

marvelmed Platinum

Although Crossover Rewards members are at the bottom of the upgrade list, it is possible. In February, I flew to the Virgin Islands, connecting through Atlanta. I was upgraded to First Class on three flights and to Comfort+ on the fourth.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...