5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2016 1:42 PM by piaax3 RSS

Travel Consultants get no love?  Didn't get actualized stay elite night, points, or birthday elite night.

piaax3 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Famtastic rates aren't eligible for elite nights?

Points for amount spent at a Marriott aren't credited to my Marriott Rewards account.

Have not received my birthday elite night either.

where's the love?

DM doesn't seem to be working either.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Travel Consultants get no love?  Didn't get actualized stay elite night, points, or birthday elite night.
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Sorry to hear of your frustrations, piaax3.  With Famtastic rates providing a great discount to family members of Marriott employees, they are not eligible for account earnings. If you haven't received your Birthday Elite night credit, it would be beneficial for you to reach out to the Marriott Rewards Customer Service line, 1-800-721-7083.  They will be able to assist you best in regards to this night credit. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Travel Consultants get no love?  Didn't get actualized stay elite night, points, or birthday elite night.
      erc Platinum

Apparently that's a strategic shift in tracking down Birthday Elite night credits Good job - clapping hands 2 Downloads 576 Recommended 4

ps - in reading this, I realize my message may be ambiguous and give the wrong impression. Good job means, I'm pleased that Intergalactic has finally either given permission (or ordered) the moderators to turn this over to Rewards. It is clear that in spite of the numerous efforts by a competent moderation team, this is a Gordian Knot created by the infamous I.T. team/group/department/guy?  
      Moderators, you do a good job of tracking down issues and impacting where you can. Keep on keepin' on.

piaax3 Silver

does that mean i also do not receive the elite night also?

in a previous DM to you, you said that it does qualify for elite night credit.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi piaax3Apologies for any confusion! You will not earn elite night credits for those stays.  This is laid out in the Rewards Terms and Conditions, copied in below:

"Rooms booked through third party online retailers, such as Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline.com, Tripadvisor.com or any other 3rd party online/mobile travel portal (regardless of how the hotel is paid) are not eligible for Points or Elite night credit. Wholesale rates, wholesale packages, Fam-Tastic® rates, travel industry rates and organized tours or package bookings are not eligible for Points or Elite night credit regardless of booking channel. If you are booking through a travel agent or other third party and do not know if your booking will earn Points, please ask your travel agent about the type of booking and type of rate he/she is making for you."

piaax3 Silver

Thank you.  the confusion was on my part as i misunderstood it.

If i'm already on Gold Elite Status, i'll still be able to enjoy the benefits even if I book at Famtastic rates.  however, i will not earn elite nights, nor will i earn points. 

I guess saving that $20 per night booking on the Famtastic might not be as attractive as i thought. 

Thanks for the clarification.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...