1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 7, 2016 2:52 PM by curiousone RSS

Silver Elite to Gold Elite - delta of 40 nights

jammastercole Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone ever questioned the 40 night spread between Silver and Gold? I will end the year with about 36 nights - that's true stays, too - I don't have the credit card. 36 is way more than 11 and yet still so far away from the next level. 36 nights is 10% of the year's nights that I spent away from my family for instance. I know I am whining about trivial things, but still...I wondered if anyone had ever brought that up. Is it simply that it makes it easy for people to get to Elite and then wet the appetite to strive for an additional 40 nights to get to the next level?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Silver Elite to Gold Elite - delta of 40 nights
    curiousone Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Not sure why the 40 nite spread, only Marriott can say for sure. However, if you would get the Marriott Visa Signature card you would be at 46 nites (10 points awarded each year you have the card) and if you had spent $12K on the card you would be at 50 nites.(1 nite awarded for each $3K in spend) Note that the credit card benefits are of value ONLY if you pay off the credit card each month.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...