10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2017 9:22 AM by bobinatl RSS

Fresh Bites leaves a lot to not like.

sapeltier Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

So here I am laid up with a fractured vertebrae at my Favorite Marriott that has a great restaurant. I call room service to ask for something from the restaurant menu and not Fresh Bites. Apparently they will no longer let you do that. You can only order what's in the Fresh Bites menu so it can boxed in that cute bag. Well that blows. I'm not sure who thought this would be an improvement but this and the phase out of the water bottles from some properties is a great disappointment to me. It seems the golden age of room service and the concierge lounge is over.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Fresh Bites leaves a lot to not like.
    erc Platinum

That's bad news, sorry to hear that. For the rest of us, what property are you discussing?  Thanks

Not that it's a consolation, but you're not alone with your regards to Fresh Bites;

Fresh Bites - not a "success"

Fresh Bites

... of a Middle-Aged Drama Queen: On My Soapbox Again: Serial Marriage 

Here I go again - try to find Fresh Bites - not a "success" by entering Fresh Bites into Search

The weak Search function gives me things that are 'fresh' and things that 'bite'

(so maybe they'll list their Search function )

Had it not been for flagirl01 bringing it back to life, I would have never found it.

But I digress, best of luck to you sapeltier in your recovery.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

erc I try Boolean searches with each word or phrase in quotes. Try searching like this: "fresh bites" AND "success" and the results are more concise and must contain both quoted words/phrases. Hence the ---AND---- between the phrases.

erc Platinum

That's spooky man. Good stuff. Thanks

(of course if I don't know the title, I'm out of luck, but this is a good tip).

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

It is rather spooky, but here are more MRI search tips: look at the Search Tips under each search to find other tips and tricks.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

erc  Just search on "fresh bites".  As long as the phrase is in quotes, you will get all threads that have "fresh bites" in the title.

erc Platinum

That's what I did yesterday (searched 'fresh bites') and I could not find (and you still can't today)

Fresh Bites - not a "success"

which was the thread I was looking for (I had written in it - but couldn't remember the exact name)

AndrewT - after I've been praising you guys all day long, don't you be likin' bad data

Everybody now; "and a one and a two" (Lawrence Welk) type in Fresh Bites in Search and see what you find

when pingreeman  first wrote his second tip the link took us to stuff that 'bites'

although his first tip (boolean), since as far as I got in tech, was booya, was good stuff

he then edited it to the generic Search Tips (although the blue ink was impressive, especially for a quant)

So, we are back to my original How to trim a whole beef fillet | Jon Thorner's .

Even factoring in that I'm a tech chowderhead - this Insiders search function (and More Like This aid) is weak

But I'm fine, I'm used to it by now.  Good night one and all

Displaying 20> Images For - Full Body Cast Wheelchair... ps - sapeltier hope you're feeling better by now

sapeltier Platinum

As far as the property, I did not want to mention them by name as the Fresh Bites Mandate is at every property I've been at. This particular instance just surprised me as I could not understand that this program was so strict that an accommodation could not be made.  As far as my back after more testing I have a major compression of my L4 and L5.  Just imagine a lower back ache with a 24/7 charlie horse.  The ending of the little water bottles was at the Falls Church Marriott.  I can understand the environmental considerations, but then accesss to the machine should be 24/7. On a weekend stay you can't access the lounge and the tap water is not all that.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I also noticed that the CL at the Falls Church Marriott doesn't offer water bottles.  They have a water cooler instead which is pretty lame.  Their lounge offerings also seem pretty minimal. Fortunately most of my stays at that property are on the weekend in which they offer a wonderful breakfast buffet in the restaurant when the lounge is closed.

flagirl01 Silver

It was the Tampa Marriott Waterside.

bobinatl Platinum

Amen. I call it **** in a bag.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...