3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2016 3:11 PM by YogiB RSS

HIE Herndon/Reston Virginia to be reflagged as Fairfield Inn

insertcoffee Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

The HIE property on Elden Street in Herndon VA is undergoing renovation and will be reflagged as a FFI. Colleagues who live in the area mentioned it is completely closed while reno takes place. My understanding is ownership will remain the same, though I've not attempted to verify.

Not sure of opening date. Perhaps one of the mods carat AndrewT NathalieF deannad etc could add some additional information. F

This area has a Residence Inn on the other side of a mini-mall parking lot (different ownership), and another select service property about a mile away sharing a parking lot with a Hilton  in an area largely populated by fortified government buildings. It is about ten-fifteen minutes away from IAD, so might represent another nice option for Park and Fly folks and others on leisure as well as obvious business stays.

NOTE:  Dropdown does not let me select the proper brand of hotel, since this activity has not yet concluded. Another IT improvement opportunity.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Herndon, Virginia, USA
  • Re: HIE Herndon/Reston Virginia to be reflagged as Fairfield Inn
    mav Platinum

I stayed here a few times, but not in the past year and a half.  The staff there was extremely pleasant. Hope they keep the same staff. Always enjoyed my stay there and breakfast was good.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks for tagging us in, insertcoffee!  We took a look into this and were able to find out that the hotel is tentatively scheduled to open in early March.  We suggest checking back as we near that month for more information.  Hope this helps!!

YogiB Platinum

insertcoffee wrote:

NOTE:  Dropdown does not let me select the proper brand of hotel, since this activity has not yet concluded. Another IT improvement opportunity.

Don't get your hopes up. Even the Delta properties aren't in there. Neither a long list of other Marriott properties of various flavours that have opened up in the last years. Not sure how it's linked to the Marriott database (probably not at all, which explains why), but a big overhaul is needed.

But they should focus on more important stuff first. The whole birthday-elite-night-credit-gate?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...