11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2016 9:01 AM by razorbackfan RSS

Is anyone going to bowl games this holiday?

peymanagement Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am in Detroit for NFL on new years, but am interested what Bowl games insiders are taking in.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Detroit, Green Bay
  • Re: Is anyone going to bowl games this holiday?
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

The Razorbacks have accepted a bid to play in the Belk Bowl in Charlotte, N.C. on December 29.  Their opponent will be Virginia Tech.  We'll be calling the Hogs from our house,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

peymanagement Platinum

Great, I will be in Charlotte in March. Lets go hogs!

erc Platinum

Actually, they are playing the community manager's Hokies from Virginia Tech, who hope the Razorbacks bring their Auburn game and not their Florida performance .

erc It has been such a strange season for the Hogs.  We never knew knew which team would show up.  I guess the kindest thing that could be said is that they were consistently inconsistent.  After the first 3 wins in a row, they won every other game (which also means they lost every other game ).  Sooooo, with that pattern in mind, they should win the Belk Bowl, right?

We'll be the underHog in this game.

seatexan Platinum

For the Ragin Cajuns it has been quite a year!!! Many downs and some ups.  I don't know how we did it, but the R + L Carries New Orleans Bowl has asked us back for a 5th time.  We are playing Southern Miss - heh, I think our luck in Nola has run out.

Of course we travel VERY VERY well so being in Nola for the game will bring in a ton of money.

This however will be the first time in 6 years I will not be in Nola on game weekend.  I went anyway last year even though the Cajuns weren't there.  I'll be watching the last part of the game from bed! 8pm game is sooo late. 

Besides, razorbackfan fan and I are going to get some lunch that Saturday.   Cant miss that!

SeaTexan  I think the Cajuns season was similar to the Hogs season, we just never knew which team would show up.  Hud seems pleased that Southern Miss will be the opponent.  Are you sure you want to miss that game?  I agree that an 8 PM start means I will have to take a nap earlier in the afternoon, but it must be better than the 10AM start a few years ago!

Really looking forward to our lunch on that Saturday.

seatexan Platinum

I have made the executive decision to skip this years game.  It was not easy but there is just a lot going on.

I did have a room booked but cancelled it.  I'll be going to Nola the week after Christmas.  I have done a lot of Nola this year. Besides, I'll have easy access to the fridge, drinks and no lines for the restroom! ;D   Earl and I can make our own parade around the house.  It's 100% guarantee he will follow me around

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Contemplating going to Armed Forces bowl while in the Dallas/Ft Worth area... I went a few years ago and it was alot of fun!!!!!

peymanagement Platinum

My personal bucket list is to go to the rose bowl. It is just one of the things that I grew up  watching. 

I would also like to attend the Rose Bowl.  Going to the Rose Bowl Parade has also been on my bucket list for a while.  Several years ago, one of the stages of the The Amgen Tour of California (bicycle race) ended at the Rose Bowl.  I enjoyed seeing the stadium up close.  In fact, I caught a dozen long-stem red roses one of the cyclists threw from the podium.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...