89 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2017 12:19 PM by cobusinesstraveler RSS

Lifetime Platinum Run-In

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Today I start my Marriott Lifetime Platinum Run-in. As I've signed up for the double nights international promo although my nights stand at 740, I only need 5 more nights to make Lifetime Platinum (5x2=10) and I commence my final 5 nights of the year at Marriott's tonight.

IMG_1511.PNG

So the plan is:

Saturday December 10th - Renaissance London Heathrow

Visiting a friend on Friday in Edinburgh, I flew into London Saturday and am right now at the Ren LHR and it's excellent lounge

Sunday December 11th -  Marriott London Regents Park

I have a client conference fixed for the afternoon and afterwards will be able to sample this lounge for the first time

Monday December 12th, Tuesday 13th & Wednesday 14th - Autograph London Kensington Xenia

Tuesday and Wednesday are trial days at the High Court on 2 of my cases, Monday is my preparation day for them

I am staying overnight on the 14th as I'm flying out to Budapest for a week on the Thursday morning.

As a result of this I will (due to the double nights offer) on Wednesday night, 14th Septemher December make my 750th night and finally after 10 years make lifetime Platinum joining the auspicious ranks of nationwide, painedplatinum, and somewhat less auspicious and more "stepped in a pooty" IAHFLYR

That calls for a double... courtesy of the LHR Renaissance

IMG_1512.JPG

As usual, comment away folks as there's a completely capricious "correct" and 2 equally random "helpfuls" going begging, although with Insiders current IT glitches I'm not sure you'll ever see the points, but you will get a green or orange star, and that's gotta be worth it!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel Regents Park
London, England, United Kingdom Autograph Collection
Hounslow, England, United Kingdom Renaissance Hotels Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
  • Re: Lifetime Platinum Run-In
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Good for you Bob . It does make it easier once you get lifetime especially once a persons travel slows down

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nationwide Platinum

Well, alright brightlybob!!!!  This means congratulations are certainly in order!!!  Lifetime Platinum is an exciting milestone achievement!!! 

I wish we were there with you to celebrate   perhaps we can send you a little something to mark the occasion    You rock Bob!  Happy for you man! Congratulations!

I Have corrected my post in accordance with your eye for accurancy, I will indeed acheive Lifetime Platinum on 14th December during my stay at the Autograph Xenia

chris0311 Platinum

"Double nights international promo"? Can you tell me the details of that? All my stays are international...that would have been perfect for me.

IF you live outside USA then you get double credit on your nights stayed between June and December 2016. It's meant to tackle the inequity/equality of the as yet unmerged Marriott/SPG international inventory.

chris0311 Platinum

Ah ok, I do live outside the US but I have never set my profile to reflect that. At least I know there can be a benefit to that.

There's not many advantages to being an international Marriotteer, probably half of promos and offers and especially the draws tend to be USA/Canada only. But yes, double nights is one of them. And it's rare. This is only the second time Marriotts done this in a decade, and the first one was only for 6 weeks, this one has lasted 6 months...

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

This is the type of planning that gets Hall of Fame consideration.....

Well done Bob. I am especially interested to hear about the Xenia stay.

I Will certainly be posting on 14 December at the end of the trials...

etwhite Platinum

Congratulations brightlybob !!!

Bob.JPG

Lolololol... where did you get that photo? Great meme!!!!

seatexan Platinum

hahaha this is awesome!

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Congrats brightlybob!  I still have about 60 nights to go!

You should get there next year, which I think will be critical as I really do expect the combined scheme to tighten up the requirements for lifetime. It is an oddity that Marriott has the most demanding elite level in the industry, but one of the easiest to acheive lifetime schemes. Mind you that "ease" is still tough, it's taken me a decade!

mustanggt Platinum

Way to go brightlybob.  It's a great milestone to achieve!

mav Platinum

CONGRATS!!!    Can't wait til I get there. Have the nights, its the points that are hard for me to achieve.

Yes, this is regularly commented upon, some of us are short on nights, others on points. I'm ok for points, IRS the nights that have been slow coming. On my travels around the US it was easy to see how you'd end up with the opposite problem to me, most of your inventory is held in the cheaper brands, Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, Towneplace Suites and Residence Inn, with the latter two compounding the problem awarding only half points.

AZDesertRat Platinum

brightlybob - Congratulations on reaching this milestone.  As our champion Lounge Lizard, we continue to enjoy your reports, analyses, evaluations and advice.  May the points, rewards, and beer continue to flow your way!

peymanagement Platinum

Congratulations Bob!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

brightlybob,

Congratulations!

You are a "Gentleman and scholar"!

You are a wonderful addition to the MRI program!

Have a great trip!

laketahoe Platinum 3 Reviews

Congratulations.  I'll get there too by Christmas Eve.  Need six more nights.

Thanks to everyone for their great replies. I'm now on day 2 at the Regents Park Marriott. Although pretty far from Regents Park it is very close to the Swiss Cottage tube and is a nice place with an excellent "M" lounge.

I might find my work somewhat disrupted though as part of the top-to-toe refurbishment there will be a half hour testing the fire alarms followed by a half hour disconnection of the lighting system. Hohum...

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

That is wonderful news brightlybob, make sure to announce in huge font that you are now officially a lifetime!    What was that word you selected to use between "less" & "and"?

Congrats and I'm sure many have a similar photo of you with a beer!

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Congrats Bob!!!!!  It's always great to see one of the Insiders do well - Lifetime Platinum is a great milestone to achieve!!!

I hope to "join the club" about this time next year!!!  Here's hoping!!! 

SO I've moved on from the Regents Park Marriott and checked into the London Xenia. It is very, very nice, the bar is particularly snug... But then that's a word that could also be applied to my room, which actually does use its 140sq ft very well, desk, wardrobe, double bed. It's very nicely furnished. Scary thing though, my room is really small, and its 3rd up the room-list, yes, this place has 2 room-types that are smaller. They must be really tight!

IMG_1519.JPG

Lovely place though, I think I'm going to enjoy my 3 nights here running up to Lifetime Plat

insertcoffee Platinum

I'm sure the property is lovely, but those look like WWII surplus blankets.

SO here I am sat in the Xenia bar doing my 750th night for Lifetime Platinum....

And, yes, monisame, I agree the Xenia is an excellent place. I do like my Marriott's but the cheaper London ones - Marble Arch, Kensington, Maida Vale and Regents Park (though Regents Park is being upgraded and has a particularly good lounge) - are very much "cookie cutter" Marriott's.

The Autographs have the advantage of individuality and that's a welcome break and comes with posts and free brekkie! The Xenia has lovely bedrooms, a nice bar frequented by locals, great staff and fabulous cooked-to-order breakfast (£4 supplement but it's absolutely delish!). Rooms start very small and the property upgrade policy seems to be one grade only, but upgraded a few days in advance. If on your own go for petit double which should be an easy upgrade to Classic Double. If with a "significant other" go at least for the Terrace double which should see you upgraded to a Exec King or Balcony Exec. Make no mistake, for your "Marriott money" hotel at Kensington the Xenia (even without the lounge) is a much better stay with the love of your life for the same money, and you get your points too... it's a win-win!

monisame Platinum

Glad to hear your comments brightlybob Really happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay at this property is really adorable in every way. I have already made reservations for my stay in January. I also see you are so close to get your Lifetime Platinum. Congrats!!!.

IIt's Peroni time!!!!

IMG_1530.JPG

AZDesertRat Platinum

brightlybob  Something to celebrate, for sure.  Congratulations! Reaching that 750 night milestone is big and while not a British beer, Peroni is a bit of all right. 

Ah, well, although confusingly Xenia is a Greek word, the hotel has an Italian theme and us manned almost exclusively by very friendly and service orientated Italians! The owners are Italian too, hence the Peroni...

Congrats on your Lifetime Platinum, but you don't look very happy.   Enjoy your Peroni, I had one yesterday hoping that would be your choice of beers today.

WWow, Peroni has made its way to Texas, I was sure you guys were still on Rattler-venom... "The Mans Brew"

seatexan Platinum

Peroni is one of my favs!

droma Platinum

Congrats to you!  I hope to join you in the elite club in the next 5 or so years, enjoy!:)

IT is a nice feeling that I won't have to stretch to keep Plat, it's usually a real fight for me to keep it each year, and I haven't always managed it... if you're halfway there then you can take comfort that you only have todo the same again to get there...

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

brightlybob  you're beating me by about 9 months, if current travel plans hold up.  I'm currently at 688 lifetime nights.

Enjoy LP!

Wwell I should have enough nights to requalify for Plat without relying on the LT, but the start is looking very slow... mind you last year started with about 16 nights in the first 6 months!

seatexan Platinum

Cheers.png

OH go on post amother beer,.. it's gone 11pm (UK customary barclose time) but let me drink another to you all...

Thanks all y'all

seatexan Platinum

MORE BEER.png

OOoh, lummeee, I've passed the point of beers now! Victory at the Royal Courts of Justice and a letter confirming I've passed my Judges exam ensured a slap-up Lobster, Veal and Tiramasu meal and 2 pints plus 2 Grappas from a grateful client. After my client left I had a couple of pints of Peroni but realising I couldn't take the volume, I switched to the "Sweet Temptation" cocktail which consists of a measure (25cl each) of Baileys, Malibu, Amaretto and Cointreau topped off with cream and have now moved from leaning against the bar (my usual choice) to sitting because after 5 of those I can barely type...

IMG_1539.JPG

IMG_1543.JPG

AZDesertRat Platinum

A celebration befitting an MRI Champion!!!!  Sweet dreams, brightlybob

TThanks, so much... but it's 4am and now I feel ill... I don't learn...I'm f**king fifty and you'd think after 50 years I would know what 2 pints of London Pride, 2 Grappas, 3 pints of Peroni and 5 stacked cocktails would mean come 4am...

peymanagement Platinum

Ugh, quite a combo, hey it is good for the system,,. Congrats on LTP. 

The Grappa alone would have put most men on the floor as it has me!!! 

Sure glad that nite nite phone was with sheets and blanket over you. 

peymanagement Platinum

brightlybob, I am still in aw of you that you could do all of that and keep it all down and have bangers beans and eggs in the morning,, You are definitely in my hall of fame. good for you..I would have been talking to Ralf and Hugh...ee on the big white phone.

IMG_1547.JPG

OOoh errr it's 04:15 and I now discover that I've lived long... but alas learned nothing.

Feeling poorly

troytraveler Silver

Congrats Bob. How long did it take to to accumulate this status?

nationwide Platinum

Congratulations Bob!!!                                     

I have woken up conscious, though only just and have ordered myself a full English breakfast cooked to order. That should wake me up!!!

And I am now today Lifetime Platinum.... finally made it

seatexan Platinum

Hahaha! so glad you are conscious! Full English breakfast sounds really good right now.  I hope you enjoyed and I hope you are feeling better. 

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Congratulations, Bob!!

mustanggt Platinum

Just think, if Marriott adds a new higher level above platinum you'll have to do this all over again!?!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Well done my friend. Now before you let this thread sail off into the sunset, you'll have to post a screenshot like in the original post showing you officially made LTP. Given the posting time for elite nights and points, we'll watch for that in a few days.

Oh, and extra congratulations on passing your Judges exam. Does that mean a new chapter in your legal career is on the horizon?

Well, wouldn't you know it. The points for the Autograph stay have posted immediately and correctly, but guess what???

IMG_1550.PNG

Yep, Marriott have fouled up the nights only crediting one of the 3 nights... so I'm not LTP because Marriott has screwed up night credits... AGAIN!!! When they did that with Warsaw in August it took me 3 months to get the nights credited, so it looks like I wont be making LTP this year

IMG_1551.PNG

Any chance that one of our dear kind moderators could intervene so I can get the credits this year? Can you help carat Or AndrewT

Against that did anyone notice that I did get my Autograph badge for my second stay since I registered for the badges? 25 points too... silver linings

monisame Platinum

Call customer service!!!! or the platinum line.   No explanation for this.... almost I dont find one. Good luck. Be in touch

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Well, let's hope the team can help.

If not, here's another silver lining. With all those nights this year, you'll end up with a bunch of rollover nights in a couple weeks. Worst case, you're LTP is delayed until those nights rollover.

With luck, the crack squad at MRI will get things fixed before year end. If not, you still won't have to make another stay to hit LTP. Maybe not the best outcome, but it could be worse.

Oh, and good going on the Autograph badge. I hear those are becoming quite the collectible.