10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2016 3:20 PM by AndrewT RSS

Just short of renewing Gold Status

scooter17 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Any ideas on how I can close out the year and achieving Gold status again for next year?  I'm very close but wondering if there are any ways I can fast track this.  I can't imagine traveling without it!! Help!!!

• Re: Just short of renewing Gold Status
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

A lot depend on how many nights "just short" is. If you're talking one or two nights, the best option is to make an extra stay or two. Now that redemption stays count, you could even spend a few points to cover the cost of the stay(s).

If, on the other hand, you've got a little further to reach 50 nights, don't forget that Marriott usually allows you to "buy back" your status. Of course, sometimes Marriott will extend your status without reaching the number of nights needed. I'm not sure how they determine this, so I'll let others chime in if they have the answer. Regardless, let's assume you don't make Gold and Marriott bumps you back to Silver. With the "buy back" offer, you'll likely be given the chance to stay Gold, though it will cost you 25,000 reward points (that's the "buy" portion of buy back). At least that's what is has cost the last few years. Look for detail around the beginning of February. Marriott normally gives you a month or two window during which you can take them up on the offer.

Given the benefits offered at the Gold level, buying back Gold status is a almost always a good investment of points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

scooter17 Gold

I like the idea of redeeming points.  I'm only 8 nights away so I'll try to find a night to redeem a few points and possibly a few more trips before 2017. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Hi scooter17 and welcome to Marriott Insiders!  Do you by chance have the Marriott Rewards Premiere Visa Card? Each year the card adds 15 Elite night credits towards your status.  You also get one additional elite night credit added to your account with every $3,000 spent with the card.

Another option for consideration is the Ritz Rewards Credit Card.  You get automatic Gold Status with your first year of membership.

scooter17 Gold

Hi vaboywnder!  Thank you.  Yes, I've got the card.  When do they add the nights?  I'm only 8 nights away so if they were to add this before next year, it would definitely address my concern. 

scooter17,

I think the Elite night credits are added around the anniversary date of your credit card.  If you call Chase Customer Service they should be able to tell you when your Elite Night Credits will post.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi scooter17,

Let me join vaboywnder in welcoming you to the Insiders Community!

vaboywnder is correct; the 15 Elite Nights credits are awarded annually around the time of your account anniversary. If your account was in fact opened over a year ago, you should expect to see these Elite Nights credits added to your account within 6-8 weeks after the anniversary date.

Card members also earn 1 Elite Nights credit for every $3,000 spent on the card. These points are credited to your account within 6-8 weeks of the end of that qualifying month.

For full details, please visit the following link: Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card | Elite Status

Best of luck retaining Gold status! Feel free to direct message me, or any of my fellow Community Managers (listed on the right side of the home page) with any additional questions you may have.

identicalcash Silver

I know how you feel.  I think that I will be 2 nights away from Gold this year and just trying to figure out how to get those nights in.

@AndrewT Do certificate nights count as redemption nights?

Thanks

identicalcash,

Reward Stays including Certificates now earn elite night credits toward your status.

Elite#1 Platinum

Hi,

I will be completing 74 nights this year 2016 and will miss platinuim elite by 1 night. Can I use my points to book 1 night anywhere and will 1 night (with points) counts towards my push to platinum or I need to buy 1 night by paying for it? Please advice.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there,

Rewards Certificate stays do earn you Elite Nights credit, so you can in fact use your points in this case.

Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...