29 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2016 4:40 PM by brightlybob RSS

Did anyone already reach 50 nights for Fall Megabonus?

cmeyer Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

It looks like I will reach 50 nights for this year's Fall Megabonus later this week (yay!).

So I was wondering if anyone else has already reached 50 nights - and whether reaching 50 nights has triggered some additional promotion (similar to the "5,000 points" version of the Megabonus).

Cheers,

Christian

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Did anyone already reach 50 nights for Fall Megabonus?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I recall seeing a post by someone (sorry don't recall who) that had reached 50 nights. No additional promotion was unlocked.

Looks like I'll reach 20, maybe 21, but that's it. 20k points is okay, though in past promotions, 20 nights would have been worth 25-35k. Still, bonus points are bonus points. Maybe the spring promotion will be better.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

That is awesome cmeyer!  You might be the first...

mustanggt Platinum

I'll be maxing out at 20 nights.  It's hard to reach 50 on only leisure travel.

peymanagement Platinum

Great stuff Christian, let us know if you get any add on opened. I reached 20 nights last week and am hovering at 24. My December looks quiet, but thing may change. I don't expect to make 30 though. In retrospect i am not that whiny about the mega bonus, a couple years ago i did not make the threshold (which was i think 20) and got nothing, so i am happy with my 20K points recognizing that there was a summer bonus this year.

nationwide Platinum

cmeyer, the first person I recall hitting all 50 is our friend insertcoffee.  If memory serves, he hit it a week or two ago.  He mentioned that there was nothing triggered/unlocked by achieving the 50 nights, but perhaps by tagging him in here we can get an update. 

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

50 nights???!!!!  Not this cowboy - with my remaining reservations I will hit a total of 20 nights....

I travel less in the 4th quarter so this "megabonus" really wasn't a good fit for me....

nationwide Platinum

cmeyer, I found and copied below a link to insertcoffee's thread regarding the 50 night accomplishment.  His final update is almost at the bottom of the thread. 

2016 fall megabonus registration

cmeyer Platinum

Thanks a lot!

Would have been nice to see something like "stay 10 more nights and get another xx,*** points..."

Anyway, 50k points is more than I ever got from a promotion, so I definitely won't complain!

insertcoffee Platinum

Thanks, nationwide for the ping.

I achieved the 50 nights, the 50,000 pts were awarded, and in the subsequent time since completion, which I think offhand is nearly 3 weeks, nothing further has been offered. Well, other than the usual bombardment of offers to buy bedding etc., but no further promotions/awards have been forthcoming as a direct result. The reward of completion was... completion.

Not a complaint-- just reporting the facts.

It was a painless promotion for me, and while of course I would have liked more points, I did get what was offered, and for once did not have to have a lot of follow up calls to get it.

I have had additional nights since then but the paid nights were on the same folio as some award nights, so I don;t know if anything else will come of that as the trigger once it winds its way through the system. Still hasn't shown up yet on my end. Will post if so.

seatexan Platinum

Way to go on the impressive 50 nights

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

This week I will get 10 and I struggled to get that but at least I got 10k

insertcoffee Platinum

I was grateful for the extra points- and not having to check in and out a million times in order to hit a threshold.

Like others experience, the points requirement is the sticky wicket for me in my LT goals. 50K points = 125 platinum arrival gifts at a FS property, or 250 arrival gifts at SS/extended stay properties. That would be a lot more work than a leisurely 50 nights.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Sitting on 42...will hit 47 by Friday. End of December will be 54.  Those numbers are all records for me in megabonus time period. In a normal year, I would not make 40 nights.  Unlike some of the folks above, I'm not happy with the 50,000 max.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I'm sitting at 18 right now.  I'll get 20, but it is a stretch to think about 30.

todzwif Platinum

Officially, I'm at 14 and have a 4 night stay booked next week.  However, I completed a 5 night point redemption in Tuscany last month and didn't get nights credit toward the bonus or I'd have hit a second 10k bonus.      

felixf5 Platinum

I'm at 43 nights now, will finish the year with about 60 nights. Nice to get the extra 50k points A pitty there is a cap though at 50. Are there normally any promotions going on in the first part of the year? Or do they only offer these kind of promotions at the end? Kinda sad the double night promotion will end Dec 31st It's a nice boost since we don't have all the hotel creditcards over here. Looks like I'll start 2017 with only 16 nights left to re-qualify for Plat

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

felixf5 as to the question, "are there normally any promotions going on in the first part of the year?"

Yes. Usually the spring MegaBonus starts February 1. Most years it has run until April 30, though once or twice it was extended into early May. Don't expect any promos during the last half of January, but if history is any guide, there should be a new one beginning at the start of February.

jcwilson Platinum

I'll reach the 50 night mark by the skin of my teeth; the last week of this promotion.  

Vvtater1076 Gold

I did but wasn't given the bonus points on my account. I actually had to contact them to update my account because they were stating that I only stayed for 40 nights when it was 53. I was told by a Residence Inn Employee that I was not even Gold status. So even though I was at 53 nights Im sure I wont be credited for the bonus points.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

How frustrating, Vvtater1076!  We'd like to make sure you receive all due credit.  I've reached out via direct message for additional details. 

jonsummers Gold

I have hit over 50 nights but do not see the bonus applied how can I get this?

nipper Platinum

Did you register ?  You need to sign up for it and choose which option.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

This promo will go down in the books as a BUST for me.  I will hit thirty nights for 30k, but the 50 nights threshold is way too high.  I think next time I will take the smaller offer and switch to Hilton...... 

shoeman

rose77 Gold

Reached 50 nights about 6 weeks ago and was upgraded to Gold. That's it. Was there a promotion?

cmeyer Platinum

So now I reached 50 nights for the MegaBonus, got my last 10,000 points, and it really seems like that's it.

Well, 50,000 bonus points is fine with me. I actually never got more than that for any other promotion in the past.

Some "add-on" would have been nice, but I definitely won't complain...

Cheers,

Christian

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...