4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2016 5:03 PM by erc RSS

Vacations by Marriott Question

ncradit Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I have an upcoming 7-day trip to Paris over New Year's eve that was booked as a package through Vacations by Marriott. Though I entered my MR number on the reservation, it is not showing up in my MR account online or in my upcoming reservations in the Marriott iPhone app. I can find the reservation by confirmation number, but I'm concerned that it's not linked to my MR account in any way. I'll be platinum elite by the time of the stay, and want to make sure there's lounge access, a potential room upgrade, etc.

I called Marriott and got transferred around, finally being told to just trust that my status was on file with the hotel despite that it's not showing up on my end, or in the app, or anything. I'd also like to be able to use mobile check in, as we're arriving early in the day and I've had great luck with that service in all my past stays.

Has anyone else booked a package through Vacations by Marriott and run into similar issues? Any advice on what I should do? Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Vacations by Marriott Question
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey ncradit, welcome to Insiders! I am one of the Community Managers for the site, and am happy to help with this. Please send me a private message with your Rewards number, and reservation number to get started. Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ncradit Gold

Hi Lindsey,

Thanks! I'm trying to send you a direct message now, but I keep receiving an error message in response. Any tips for a newbie on what I'm missing?

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey ncradit! Just sent you a DM. I also looked into why you weren't able to send one originally and think I fixed the problem. Let me know if you have any issues replying to my message. Thanks!

erc Platinum

ncradit

No doubt lindseyh  will do all she can, but Vacations by Marriott has been a headache for many.

In another prime example of what weak SEARCH function this forum has - readers, take a look at the Upper Right Column in Orange  More Like This - what terrible links are provided; none about Vacations by Marriott

Here is some worthwhile reading about Vacations by Marriott - found in this site alone:

Nights not counted if you make your reservations through Marriott Vacations!?

Vacations by Marriott a Rip Off

Vacations by Marriott: Scam or Worth it?

Vacations By Marriott :-(

marriott vacations-no credit for stays

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...