9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2016 5:49 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Q3/Q4 Promotions

boldie24 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Have I been asleep or are there no current points promotions out there?  When was the last one?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Q3/Q4 Promotions
    nationwide Platinum

boldie24, we are winding down the Fall Mega Bonus that started in September and ends January 15th.  You can still sign up, although there is no retroactive credit back to September.  That said, if you have a few stays between now and January, you may find it worth pursuing.  10,000 points for every 10 nights up to 50k.  Alternatively, a couple of stays can earn you 5,000 points.  As to your questions on whether it's been widely publicized, yes, indeed it has.  This one just got past you, but it isn't too late.  Happy travels!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Maybe you could explain/clarify why a Lifetime Platinum and current year Platinum Elite member did not receive notification of the Fall Mega Bonus and it has (nor is it there now) been available as a promotion from my account page?  I check every week to verify stay credit and to check on new promotions.  It did not get by me as it was not communicated.

I will call, this is ridiculous.

nationwide Platinum

boldie24, I will readily admit that there were issues with this Mega Bonus.  The promotions page being one of them. If you were exclusively reliant on the promotions page, then, yes, you would have missed it.  It was advertised widely on Marriott.com, all over Insiders (announced even earlier than the open registration), and all over the public press. I, too, am a LTP member just like you, so please know that I was merely trying to politely answer your question.  Good luck with your call.

Nationwide - Don't mean to shoot the messenger, just frustrated that this never showed up on my promotions page nor did I get an email notification (checked all including trash).  Here is a screen shot of my promotions page.

Again, I will call CS.

Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 10.22.06 AM.png

nationwide Platinum

There were lots of reasons to be frustrated with this one, and you were not alone in relying on the promotions page. This is the first time they didn't allowed people to sign up any time any time during the promotion period for retroactive credit back to September 15th.  The bonus itself was seen as paltry (micro) in comparison with others in the past.  50 nights to get 50,000 points was viewed as excessive compared to competitors offers... and, you had to get to the next increment of 10, to get the next 10,000 points.  So, someone staying 19 nights earned exactly the same as someone staying 10 nights.

The big hubbub this go around was that they gave us a choice.  On the surface, that sounds like a good thing, right? Make 2 stays and get 5,000 points, or sign up to pursue the 50k in increments of 10.  Then, they slyly offered the folks opting for door number one a chance to add another 5k for another stay.  So, one could have earned 10k with as little as 3 nights, while the person opting for door number 2 had to get a minimum of 10.  If you have some trips planned, I'll bet you can still pull this off.

Please close the loop and let us know how you make out with your call.

erc Platinum

boldie24

It is disappointing (but sadly, not shocking) that you as a Lifetime Plat and veteran Insider who often contributed to Insider conversations about MegaBonus and travel experiences, did not get any notice about this MegaBonus (especially on the Promotions page).

When you call customer service;

1) be prepared for a more rigid response - this year they did not budge on programs or exceptions

2) be aware that the initial MegaBonus was good for nights/stays ONLY from the date of registration, which caught many travel veterans off guard.

3) The offer that was made during the 30 Days of Rewards Choose Your Reward (Pick Your Bonus)

actually provided the opportunity for counting nights/stays from the beginning of the promotion 9/15 - so of course, this is the offer you want Marriott to implement on your behalf.

Depending on your number of nights, this might be worth several calls to Customer Service until you get the experienced rep who realizes you've been overlooked and it's in everyone's interest to make an exception.

Good luck.

nationwide Platinum

erc have we actually heard from someone that has gotten retroactive enrollment back to Sept 15th, or was that simply our read because the language was a little softer in the 30 Days of Rewards?  I remember hearing that it was better, but never heard from anyone that they actually got a retro benefit.  I'm thrilled if they fixed it, but horribly disappointed for those that got juiced in the gap.

peymanagement Platinum

boldie24 , the fall mega bonus is kind of an old wound on MRI, further to nationwide and erc, i was also caught off guard on this one. I saw the notification but it was frustratingly difficult to sign up and i failed a couple of times. When i did not get confirmation of registering and had already 8 nights on the books, and no change in the status bar i called CS. I have always had good experiences with CS calls but that one was a bit chippy. The rep said he could not do it retroactively and that was pretty much his position. i got off the phone irritated, signed onto here to vent, Low and behold, i checked and he had adjusted my credits. So as erc says, be persistent, it may need more than one call.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Excellent info from the greater team.. nationwide, erc, peymanagement...well done!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...