2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2010 12:14 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Redeem Points @ Ritz For Less-10 Hotels Slide Into Tier 1

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

In the wake of Marriott'S announcement yesterday that "many of our most popular locations will be available for fewer points," brace yourselves; there's MORE positive news!

For the latest heads-up from Marriott Rewards, see What's New in the Insiders Lobby:  The Ritz-Carlton Hotels Changing Tiers - Now Redeem For Less

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Redeem Points @ Ritz For Less-10 Hotels Slide Into Tier 1
    mikeb2620 Platinum

Too bad we can't get Marriott Rewards point for Ritz stays. I know the Marriott argument, but Hilton does it with thier premium brands, as does Starpoint.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Redeem Points @ Ritz For Less-10 Hotels Slide Into Tier 1
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Mike

I fully agree. 

Brand integration is a process.  It took 25 years for Marriott Vacation Club resorts to be integrated into Marriott's Hotel Categories to facilitate point redemption at that brand. Even so, with the exception of the arrival gift and 50% bonus on base points, Platinum Elite status is not recognized at Marriott Vacation Club for the purposes of receiving an upgrade or anything else that I am aware of. Only owner status matters.

Integration of the The Ritz-Carlton into Marriott Rewards would present similar challenges in terms of Elite expections.  What I really like at the Ritz is the culture built around 'personalized service'.  In the Marriott Elite culture, loyalty has a certain connotation with 'complimentary' which is not the same.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...