4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2010 6:21 PM by nuhusker RSS

Charleston Responds

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was reserved into then removed from a Concierge level room at the Charleston SC full service Marriott a few days  back.

Here's part of the response that I got directly from the hotel (added emphasis is mine): (I have yet to hear from
Customer Care at Marriott.com.

"At Marriott hotels (system wide), only guests paying a premium concierge room rate are guaranteed to have a room on the concierge floor itself.  Therefore paying a reduced rate does factor into whether or not you would be assigned to that floor.  Platinum and Gold guests are guaranteed access to the concierge lounge regardless of their assigned room.  We do value our elite Marriott reward members and make every attempt to upgrade them as a courtesy whenever possible. Unfortunately, at this hotel we often do not have enough concierge rooms to accomplish this for everyone as much as we would like."

I have asked them how many guests pay full concierge rate on a given day, as compared to upgraders. My airline experience is that most of business and first class domestically are folks who have upgraded. I would assume it's the same in hotels.

Still not satisfied, I will eventually get to the real answer, and once again stay clear of this hotel.

Must be a hard time for the hotel since I have yet to get an answer from the Charleston Marriott.  I will keep trying.

-- Edited by SteppingStones at 02/25/2010 6:20 PM PST

• Re: Charleston Responds
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Sounds like a "Rope-a-dope" response to me.

Good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Stepping Stones,

Wow! Directly from the no-name hotel in shocking yellow to stay clear of @ 170 Lockwood Boulevard Charleston SC?  A month ago, a traveler on TripAdvisor said, "This place is a DUMP!"

Entrance

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Sounds like a poop answer, you should post something on Bill Marriott's blog, it does get answers and he does read them.  This hotel is definitely not living up to the Marriott standard.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

SteppingStones -- I'm attending a conference in Charleston early May being held of all places at the Charleston Marriott with a special rate of $99/night.  HOWEVER, based on your experience, I'm paying the government rate of 142 and staying at the Renaissance.  I'll pay the 12/day parking out of pocket, and suffer through the 5 min/1.93 mile drive every morning to the Marriott.  Had you not said anything, I'd have stayed at the Marriott and likely would have been disappointed also.  A couple of posts on Tripadvisor that I read, talked about excess condensation in the room and a musky odor.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...