4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2010 2:03 PM by zukracer RSS

Matrix--the price is wrong

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I recently posted about the Charleston Marriott and the room switch they made in the period between the time that I made the reservation and the time I checked in.

In speaking with the front desk manager today at checkout he commented that it was the rate I was paying that sealed the change, not carpets being cleaned or occupancy, or the phase of the moon, all of which were explanations the day before.

I hate to think that not paying full (rack) rate is a factor in room assignments, but at this hotel it is apparently the case.  I find this a little shabby on the part of this hotel, and hope that this is not a system-wide policy. 

Making Platinum Premier is hard enough, even at reduced rates.  When I worked for the government I was never offered a lesser room or had my room changed as a result of paying the government rate.

Full rate was 30 dollars more than my reduced one--$139 and $109 were the rates.  I would be interested to know what the average REVpar was for the night, and which rooms were allocated to full payers.

I will never go to the Charleston Marriott again, and had they had a comment card in the room or at the front desk I would have filled one out for them to mull over. I will write customer care expressing my concerns and hope to get a GSS from this stay.

• Re: Matrix--the price is wrong
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Stepping,

Your report on the Charleston Marriott is sad!

Why does a hotel, or organization want to treat prime customers and supporters in such a way.

I also support you in saying, I will NEVER stay there either!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

+1  Jerry, who needs the aggravation?

Stepping - I hope your next Marriott experience more than makes up for Charleston Marriott.  The Marriott promise is to make sure that every guest leaves relaxed, revived and re-energized and Charleston Marriott failed.  Make sure to write customer.care@marriott.com asap.  The sooner you write the quicker the refund.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

thanks folks--customer care has the con now!

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

thats just crazy to hear.  As a Plat Prem. you should be afforded every upgrade possible, its in the rules. 

You can add another Plat prem. member that will avoid that hotel until someone can prove that it has changed.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...