10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2016 5:10 PM by phctourist RSS

Stuck in a never-ending loop with marriott's automated responses. What do I do?

rook1811 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I have been trying to reach out to Marriott regarding an issue we had with our recent stay in Florence, which happened to be during our One Year Wedding Anniversary trip.  We emailed the hotel through the Marriott website and they replied to us with a non-satisfactory response.  We then emailed Marriott at customer.care@marriott-service.com (and attached copies of our earlier communications with the hotel in Florence) to get further resolution only to receive a response stating that Marriott will once again forward the complaint back to the hotel.  A few hours later we get the exact same response from the hotel....

It seems all the responses are automatically generated.  I'm a platinum member and a long-term customer of Marriott, but the recent events have left me at a loss.  I'm not sure whom I can contact at this point to get a positive resolution.  Any suggestions?

Thank you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Stuck in a never-ending loop with marriott's automated responses. What do I do?
    erc Platinum

The moderators of this forum are very conscientious about getting to the root of an issue, especially when it deals with a specific property. Let's try carat, since she seems to roam the boards at all hours, but any one of them are competent at follow through lindseyh, deannad, AndrewT

Later this morning, one of them will see this post and respond asking for the details of your situation and get the ball rolling toward at least an explanation if not solution.

But like President-elect Trump's announcement of Mad Dog Mattis as Secretary of Defense nominee, let's keep this a secret . These are valuable resources and we want to keep some "Insider" juice. Good luck, it's frustrating getting caught in the runaround loop.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Stuck in a never-ending loop with marriott's automated responses. What do I do?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

That never ending loop of canned customer service correspondence is irritating, but with carat now involved you will be out of that loop and hopefully you'll see a resolution. Please update us... and welcome to the boards!

peymanagement Platinum

Rook1811, you are in good hands with CaraT, The one thing I will add is that e mail does not seem to work in Marriott space. It may be intentional as it is very hard to get e mail addresses. I find the best way is to call either customer service or directly to the hotel.

Let us know how you make out.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I just repeat, over and over "agent" until the system connects me to a live person.  It always works!

insertcoffee Platinum

I really, really strongly dislike the canned male voice in the automated system.

In particular, Marriott has chosen two features which increase the annoyance:

1.  You cannot interrupt him, even though you already know what you want and where you need to go, so are forced to wait until he allows you to speak before he 'listens' to your request.

2.  The fake typing  in the background, always identical and canned, does not add to my pleasure.

3.  The quality of the AI comprehension is low. Surely asking for 'representative' is a large percentage of requests, and I always have to repeat it many times for it to register.

bubbie Platinum 2 Reviews

I happen to get a kick out if that fake typing. As a matter of fact I called last week and I didn't hear it and was upset that they got rid of that feature.

But  happy to say it was back when I called again! 

BUt it is annoying to have to say agent, agent,....

peymanagement Platinum

tapping on the 0 key works too.

rook1811 Platinum

Hey everyone!  Thank you all for your responses, you guys are awesome!  We're trying to reach out to CaraT to get this resolved!  Let's hope we'll get some kind of resolution soon!

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I dislike this system intensely.  It has never successfully solved a single problem for me.  It simply waists my time and makes me angry!

I've told multiple Marriott employees how annoying and useless it is.  What I do, when connected is continuously say "agent" and continuously pressing "0"

Eventually, I do get connected and I spend a few minutes venting at the employee.  Next, I apologize to the employee and ask them to convey my frustrations to their management.  Finally, I get to the reason for my call.

If more people would do this, perhaps Marriott would figure out that this system is costing them more money than it would to have people talk to customers

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...