2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2016 12:55 AM by insertcoffee RSS

Merging Content - When does it end?

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

New announcement that MRI is merging the Travel Tips forum into Destinations.  What is the correlation?  Why do they find this an improvement???  It is just the opposite.

Last merge was Other Topics into Travel Tips which again had no correlation to each other.

Maintaining multiple sections in one travel forum does not require much, if any, additional maintenance or resources.

Guess their next move will be to get rid of the MRI site all together.  Maybe not a bad idea based on how much they have screwed it up over the years.

I am very tired of them mucking around with this site.

And, you have to pick a valid location  to post on this section when it has nothing to do with your post!  Just plain stupid!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York
  • Re: Merging Content - When does it end?
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

And, it turns out, the Travel Tips forum contents are already gone!

Here is the announcement:

Heads up Insiders! In an effort to streamline and simplify the Insiders experience, we will be merging the content from the Travel Tips section into the Destinations space within the next 24 hours. During this process you will likely see a lot of old content appear on the "Recent Content" board. As soon as the merging is done and your normal conversations continue, the old content won't appear anymore. We apologize for the inconvenience and/or confusion this may cause.

How on earth does this simply the user experience?  There will be so much to plow through to find any topic that interests you.  Certainly doesn't streamline it for the users.  And, I bet they will still only display the last 5 topics commented on. 

Worthless, Marriott!  Close the MRI site now since that appears to be your intention.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Merging Content - When does it end?
      insertcoffee Platinum

While I agree with much of what you said, it doesn't seem like many users of the site are familiar with the internet and fora and how they work, and perhaps even less familiar with how to search.

Much more productive admin move: move all SAME topics together. You know, like the 30 threads each on Birthday Credits, I'm Only One Night Short/Woe Is Me, How Long For *** To Post, What is the Status Year, What Will Happen in 2018??? , ad nauseam.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...