9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2016 4:41 PM by peymanagement RSS

When will there be a "guarantee" for missing points.

peymanagement Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I know that on the second day after my stay if I don't get a message on my e mail, "Thank you for staying", I will be chasing points.

The points chasing process is ridiculous and needs to be changed.

We have a booking reference from our reservation and we have been billed. Yet if we don't get our points, we are asked to wait ten days and provide a receipt.......A receipt for crying out loud......Who checks out anymore at the desk? .......... Are we not all on the App? .........Does the App give a receipt? .......Usually there is a receipt slipped under the door, but not always and outside USA less so.

I think the time has come to put the accountability for missing points not on the poor ******* who did not get their points but on company who did not award them.

Just saying

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: When will there be a "guarantee" for missing points.
    wally3433 Platinum 2 Reviews

I agree.  I used to ask for extra points for my aggravation, and at times was successful.  But, I agree, it's getting hideous.  Not only does the hotel get the points wrong, so does my Ritz credit card.  It's like I need to hire a point auditor to track all the mistakes.

Marriott forgets that most times, the ONLY reason we are staying at a Marriott property is because of the points, so when the Eff that up - the whole exercise becomes pitiful. 

At this point, there IS NO VALID EXCUSE for not getting a stay's points correct.  It's a childish game that they play, done purposefully, with profits in mind.  Can't wait for when the merger goes through in 2018, they will use that as an excuse for 15 years.

So yes, I agree with a penalty.  Or, how about a $10,000 fine to the franchisee if it's their fault.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

I agree that there should be no excuse for not posting (or properly posting) points.  I think if they are not in your account in 5 days and you have to inquire about it, then it should be double points!!! 

Of course we all know the chance of that.... and unfortunately Slim left town.....

erc Platinum

In answering (your no doubt, rhetorical) post, I will utilize that deep thinker from a US sitcom from the seventies, Arnold Horshack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aebyzyrfxK0   (look closely and you'll see John Travolta)

There won't be a time.  We currently have guarantees challenging enough to exercise;

(4 pm checkout, $100 non-point offer, no blackout dates, except for when there is, et al.)

but it is a nice exercise in creative daydreaming, thanks for providing

mustanggt Platinum

As I have said in prior threads, there are two ways to improve the system.  Either take the individual property out of the middle by automating the process (this is unlikely given the prior track record of the IT Dept and everything else they now have on their plate), or assess a penalty to the property every time they fail to properly process the correct points for a stay (i.e. award the customer 5,000 or 10,000 points for the error and assess the cost of this to the property).  I can guaranty that the first couple of times that a property starts seeing hits to their bottom line they will quickly straighten out the process once and for all.  Marriott, PLEASE fix this for the sanity of all of us!  Not only does this ongoing problem create ill will towards Marriott, there is a real cost to Marriott in the wasted time on the part of Marriott service personnel to correct the endless problems.

seachi Platinum

Great thoughts. Wish this forum could help get the traction needed for real change.

Snail5930 Gold

I agree. 7 trips made this year in Europe and Australia, only hotels in Valencia (AC hotel) and Lisbon (Autograph) gave me all points.

peymanagement Platinum

Snail5930, this is a perfect example that you have provided. I trust that there was no problem with your credit card being charged. If they can get the money right, why cant they get the points right?

Snail5930 Gold

No, no problems with credit cards. I got all my points then through chat or by request via e-mail.

peymanagement Platinum

good point, if we pursue, we always eventually get the points. However the systemic problem continues to exist and come up over and over. I come from an industry that works to correct systemic problems.At Marriott, there are probably 3 to 5 problems that if solved would lead to a much better company. Points shorting/ missing is one of them.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...