6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2010 3:22 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Changes To the Marriott Rewards Website

rcrodgersjr Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

While most of the changes have been very positive, one change made when making a reservation has created an issue for me. In the past when making a reservation, I always had the ability to select which of the two e-mail addresses I would like the confirmation to be sent to.

I no longer seem to have that option now and while it certainly speeds up the reservation process, I always liked the option of selecting the e-mail address because it matters whether the reservation is for business or pleasure where the confirmation goes.

Does anyone else see this as a problem?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Changes To the Marriott Rewards Website
    tjcnewyork Platinum

"In the past when making a reservation, I always had the ability to select which of the two e-mail addresses I would like the confirmation to be sent to. I no longer seem to have that option now"

rcrodgersir

The option to select the 'alternate' e-mail address is still there, but as you point out, not necessarily intuitively obvious.  

The new and improved, 'Review and Complete Reservation' screen has a heading, 'Guest Information'.  Click the 'edit' link.  Select the 'Alternate' e-mail desired and Go Back to the Review and Complete Reservation to complete the process.

Post back any other issues you encounter.  I found one earlier and reported it to Internet Customer Care.  The rep was able to duplicate the behavior reported and will bubble-up to TPTB.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rcrodgersjr Platinum

Thanks TJC. I will certainly look into it but a check box or something similar would be so much simpler the way it was before! You helpful comment is really appreciated. Wink

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks TJC for the help on email addresses.

I also reported to Internet customer care my concern over the missing "Remarks" box --- that disappeared from the second reservation screen.

I had consistently used the "Remarks" box to request a premier upgrade and to be blocked on the top floor of properties not having concierge levels.  It has been my experience that making such a remark more often than not results in the requested blocking, whereas not making such a remark seemed to result in "hit or miss" blocking.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Countryjim

"I also reported to Internet customer care my concern over the missing "Remarks" box --- that disappeared from the second reservation screen."

I agree with the thinking that entering Remarks during the reservation process is a proactive step that actually helps the hotel deliver upon expectations.  I not only enter remarks, I am religious about calling the hotel several days prior to arrival and on the day of arrival to confirm and reconfirm that someone has taken ownership to fulfill specific requests entered during reservation.  Doesn't matter if paid or points.

Earlier today, I discussed the issue with a Platinum rep who in turn escalated to her supervisor.  We were on the phone a good 40 minutes and walked through the online reservation process together.  We established that the familiar Remarks box is missing.  I ran out of runway, so I intend to contact Internet Customer Care tomorrow:  1-800-721-7033. 

In the meantime, Platinum Elite provided assurance that they retain the capability to enter Remarks.  While calling lengthens the process, it's reassuring that Platinum Elite will champion my requests. 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

TJC,

Nice work, and good information!

The tip of calling a couple of days prior to showing up is a great one!

Thanks from all of us.

• HOORAY for 'REMARKS'!
    tjcnewyork Platinum

All

As promised, I contacted internet customer care and the agent interrupted me before completing my comments. 

Apparently, the phones have been ringing off-the-hook since the Remarks functional capability disappeared last week.  Elite guests are not the only ones calling.  The agent disclosed that hotels are calling advising of guest feedback about mismatched expectations.  In short, the hotels want a heads-up on guest requests.   Knowing guest expectations upfront, makes them accountable.

So the good news is that re-implementation of 'Remarks' in the online reservation process has a top priority.  That said, let's hope that the e-Commerce team can accelerate the timetable and restore the capability at breakneck speed.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...