5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2016 1:25 PM by iahflyr RSS

Marriott and Starwood Luxury Brands

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Interesting article about the future of luxury brands.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-28/marriott-and-starwood-reveal-future-of-their-luxury-brands

Not a lot of new information, but an interesting read nonetheless.

• Re: Marriott and Starwood Luxury Brands
    seachi Platinum

Great catch! I'm a bit surprised some brands aren't intended to be merged yet.

Rewards program aside, I look forward to when the technology is integrated (website, apps, reservation systems).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Thanks for sharing bejacob , I usually get all of this stuff from my Marriott pals, but missed this one - good stuff. Apparently all my raggin' on them about an anemically weak, overly hyped, CyberMundane sale bugged them

Whereas I for the most part, within a range, consider hotel rooms as a commodity, preferring to invest dollars in experience rather than duvets, this was a good read about Marriott's current thinking.

"Autograph Collection is notably absent from the luxury group, which could represent a stellar value proposition—particularly if the future loyalty program bases redemption values according to where a brand falls on this new spectrum"  Naah, Marriott (to their business acumen credit), will price it accordingly, leaving no point unturned.

"while St. Regis itself is the place where people want to see and be seen"  I have pals like this, good for them, to each their own; give me a beer flight bogo and a 24 hour concierge lounge with sodas and waters

“Marriott is the leading international hotelier, operationally very excellent with so much experience and success both with existing brands and launching new brands. 
    Couldn't agree more, we Insiders are fortunate we're tied into them and know the ins and outs, great options

Then you think of Starwood, which is foundationally about innovation
    No love for Marriott's Travel Brilliantly, oh well, so much for the natural food vending machine

Among the benefits of the merger, she said, is the ability to data mine across a massive global portfolio and find out what guests are looking for

and price it accordingly - this is why we must stay ahead of the game - Big Data is not necessarily our friend

The technology systems for both companies were quite different,”

ha ha, apparently one effective, one less so and according to articles, we're sticking with the latter

Ten years down the line, she says, “I’d love to look back and for this Marriott International Luxury Group to be known as the undisputed leader in luxury, with the best global hotel portfolio,

as a shareholder, I'm hoping this probability comes true, good margins; but I take a page from Lord Keynes about the long term and would just like to see hotel availability 10 months out (a concern of mine, more and more properties are reluctant to release rates that far out).

Again thanks for sharing.... Need for Variety and the Innovation Quiver | The Complete Innovator    Info is another arrow in our travel quiver

Keep on keepin' on Insiders (and keep sharing)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Thanks for the posting of this article and as erc has so eloquently said "give me a beer flight bogo and a 24 hour concierge lounge with sodas and waters" that's where I want to be seen, I'll be topping out at JW's it appears.    Although the furture St. Regis Maldives looks pretty sporty!

Since they expect the loyalty programs to be merged in 2018, I wonder how long it will be before we get some insights into the end result, late 2018? 

Waiting to see how the techies roll this integrating of systems together, we might be in for a surprise one day and be told in order to make a reservation you need to go through your local travel agent who will have to call each hotel directly.   Come on teams, step up your game and put together an industry leading tech program to match what you are doing at the "incubators for tech innovation" Aloft and W, get us a great website to use.

mustanggt Platinum

Hey, we just got back our "monthly activity" scoreboard, what else do we need?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...