4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2016 8:40 AM by laurac RSS

One of the Best

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

On our recent trip to California, we were helped by many Marriott employees who made our special trip memorable.  Standing out, above them all, was Ryan Guslani, room controller, at the Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton.   He helped us with several requests but one effort of his was particularly amazing.

My wife wanted a full length mirror and our room lacked one.  She mentioned this to Ryan as a comment and he immediately began a search for one.  He told us that our room was the only one in the hotel without one and he called several employees until he found someone who had their own mirror which could be hung temporarily in our room.  My wife was very grateful.

Ryan went way beyond what we expected and got that mirror for us.  He definitely deserves recognition as someone who goeas above and beyond what is expected

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Half Moon Bay, California, USA The Ritz-Carlton The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay
  • Re: One of the Best
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Another really good story of customer service by a person that needs to be recognized and used as an example for other Marriott employees.

How about you nominate Ryan for the Spirit to Serve Award that laurac works with?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Unfortunately policy on these awards includes the following   "All managed, franchise and international associates (with the exception of Ritz-Carlton) are eligible to receive The Spirit to Serve Award."

I don't know how I can get the company to recognize a Ritz Carlton employee..

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

That is very sad that it is written in that manner. 

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, phctourist,

Thank you for sharing your experience and recognizing this associate! You are correct that Spirit to Serve awards are not currently given to Ritz-Carlton associates, however I will pass along your post to Ryan's manager and research recognition options for him. Thank you again!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...