7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2016 3:10 AM by brightlybob RSS

Toronto Marriott Bloor - A little cold, a little damp

manonlili Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I had not stayed at the Toronto Marriott Bloor for quite a while. It looked like they had done massive renovations and I was excited to get the opportunity. I often stay at the Courtyard Downtown in Toronto, and sometimes Delta Toronto.

First, this is the night that makes me a Platinum Marriott member!! Reason to celebrete. But...

Lobby and concierge lounge look amazing. Service was perfect, very friendly and professional. Arrived in my room and it was cold so I put up the heat and went to bed. Thank for the real duvet, because I was cold through the night. Woke up twice and tried to adjust heat twice. It pushed air but didnt do anything else. Asked the front desk to send a repaid man. He showed up and said this is as good as it gets in mid season because guest complaint otherwise that it gets too warm. It's snowing outside. Don't think this is shoulder season anymore. Anyhow, he leaves a space heather and suggest I don't change room as it's not going to get better.

Then, I have 15 minutes left to blow dry my hair. Guess it? Guess it? Yes, the fuze popped. I am now in my room awaiting for Mr Repaiman again. He no doubt will tell me I cannot blow dry my hair and have space heather going at the same time.......

Guys.... can you turn up the heat and give a little more attention inside the rooms vs Lobby an concierge. The rooms haven't changed really in 10 years.

Not worth the extra cost vs Courtyard Marriott and the Delta Toronto is lights ahead.

Yeah for my Platinum status with wet hair now having to leave for my meetings.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Mariott_Bloor,
Marriott_Bloor_Yorkville
  • Re: Toronto Marriott Bloor - A little cold, a little damp
    guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

We stopped staying at this Marriott a number of years ago and used Marriott Eaton Centre which was leaps and bounds ahead in both customer service and actual room upgrades. With Delta a part of Marriott our new go to is the Delta on Upper Simcoe...always an upgrade, breakfast in the lounge or restaurant, your choice and staff go above and beyond for their customers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

So sorry to hear of your frustrating stay, manonlili!  I would like to provide support and have reached out via direct message. 

manonlili Gold 1 Reviews

heater.jpg

manonlili Gold 1 Reviews

That electric heater they left in my room reads 16C, That is 61F.... not crazy and still haven't heard a bip from management

peymanagement Platinum

are you still there? that is frostbite territory. is the electric heater on? get them to change your room. that is ridiculous.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

OH, that's bad... 16c is too cold. I'd be foaming at the mouth by now, this is a hotel and it's snowing outside. They either act like a hotel should to their guests and ramp up the heating or I would walk elsewhere and dispute the credit card bill. Toronto has plenty of Marriott options, the CY, the Ren and the Eaton are all rock solid representations of their brands.

Congrats on getting to Plat, sorry it feels like such a damp squib hairdo!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...