8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2016 12:22 PM by ne_traveling_man RSS

Did you know? Westin DTW

homoviator Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

For many of you frequent flyers, you likely know this, but for the rest of you all, did you know that the Westin at DTW connects directly into the airport? They have their own security line to go directly in and out of the hotel into the terminal  It was off my radar for a while because DTW was my homebase  and because it wasn't Marriott so no need to ever think about it. However, as I came through today and I saw it again, I realized that it's now a soon-to-be Marriott and depending on the day and how many people you are traveling with, it could be a great place to stay at for a day if you have a long delay. They also have an indoor pool to take the edge off a wicked delay, like I'm in now ;-(.  Just putting this back on anyone's radar who might be looking to branch out into Startwood properties or going through DTW. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
detroit
  • Re: Did you know? Westin DTW
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Great information homoviator.  It's always good to know of hotels that are connected to the terminals like the Hotel Near Philadelphia Airport | Philadelphia Airport Marriott even though that property does not have it's own designated security line it does connect right into Terminal B where you can go through security and walk behind security to just about very other terminal if not all of them.

Might have to start a thread for airport hotels that connect to the terminals now that Starwood is an option for us MR Insiders.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Makes it a lot easier to not have to either take a shuttle or drop off a car. The hilton in Chicago O'Hare is that way also 

BY the way the new hotel in DIA is also in the terminal

Look at ya jerryl pulling out the old DIA reference even though they are still officially DEN for official aviation purposes, I love it!!   And the DIA hotel is a Westin as well.

Tough to teach old dogs new tricks but now that westin is marriott may stay there  whats tough is the rates are very high

Funny i put in dia into google and first hit was defense intel second hit was denver airport

Good to know.  I had a friend who was working on the fiber optics for the new tower at "DIA". The FAA had nice coffee cups with the date the airport and tower would open only to have to remake them a few times as the date kept slipping.  Think I still have one of the cups with "DIA" on it, now I have to look!!

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

I actually stayed at this hotel a few years ago.... was not a planned stay - my flight was canceled due to weather (as were several others) and did not want the hassle of trying to redeem a "voucher" for a stay at one of the off-airport hotels.  Staying here was not only convenient but eliminated the typical hassles you have with trying to get into a hotel that will actually accept the voucher!!!

While I wouldn't mind staying there again; I hope in the future it is a planned stay!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...