12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2016 10:51 AM by iahflyr RSS

black Friday deals are live

homoviator Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

cool offers to be found! Unfortunately, many of my winter destinations don't quite work or I like the reservation I already have.

Anybody getting a good deal?

Black Friday and Cyber Monday Hotel Deals | Marriott

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Miami, Florida, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Miami Airport
  • Re: black Friday deals are live
    mtakehara Gold

I found a few deals in Seattle....nothing too amazing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

I checked all of my current reservations and unfortunately for me, no savings this time. I didn't have savings since I'm so wacky and book way ahead (as you'll see), but there were some decent prices (don't forget the New Orleans Marriott on Canal St. 12/18-12/21 AAA refundable $87, with that great M Lounge you can almost eat your value!).

I often alternate holidays between DC The Nation's Capital during the holidays and New Orleans 

New Orleans Travel Challenge - Photo Story. This year it's DC, where I'll fill in gaps between landmarks, restaurants, distilleries (yes in DC) and shows.

Property                Rate        Booking Date     Cyber sale rate

Marriott Marquis       Sr. $101          8/18/16                  $112 pre-paid
    Ren Downtown       PrePay $89     11/16/16                  $112  pre-paid
    Ren Dupont             AAA $80         11/16/16                  $82   pre-paid

Gaithersburg Mar    AAA $76         8/8/16                      $82 pre-paid
    (I'll swing by Intergalactic HQ and say hi NathalieF  - what, you say you're out that day? I didn't say what day!

SLC SpringHill         Sr. $101         3/9/16                      Not on sale - $249 (but within sale dates)
    (off to Park City, I'll give Bob our Insider love)

As you can see, some pretty good rates for the CyberSale. As you can also see, if we can book in advance, using the still available refundable rates (although you can bet your BOGO that Marriott is trying hard how to wipe out refundables  ) you can often get rates that disappear as soon as you book.

By being an overfed, long haired, leaping gnome n'er do well, I have the good fortune of playing 11 months out (another tool that Marriott is trying - and has been partially successful in removing) and then watching those rates like a hawk, Ferruginous Hawk--Stare down | Flickr - Photo Sharing! occasionally capturing a further reduction in rates.

Hey, some people Save the Whales, I try to stick it to the man-yeah, I show Marriott; spending thousands a year!

Keep on keepin' on Insiders - Great day to be alive!

mtakehara - glad to see you landed a deal - just watch out for the T & Cs, they can be bears.

Man Catches Salmon! Bear Likes Salmon! What Can Go Wrong? | Techmash

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Marriott Black Friday began for me last night at 9pm PST.  Move along now, nothing to see here.  Everything I saw was advance purchase, dead of winter dates, and Hawaii?  Ha ha, nothing available at some locations in the first 30 seconds And what was available was, hmm, yawn.  Good news, only about 20 minutes wasted. Even better news, by trolling the waters of 2017 earlier on, I already have many stellar refundable rates booked in the new year that I can now take or leave at my leisure.

mustanggt Platinum

What I have found is that the AAA rate was lower than the cyber sale rate for the 3 hotels I was interested in.  Plus the cyber sale rate was all prepaid and AAA was not.  I was looking forward to this sale, but it turned out to be very disappointing.  I'll just stick with the AAA and senior rates!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Although here in England we are aware of Black Friday it hasnt really stuck into our consciousness yet, or at least not mine. Hence I made what I think my US friends might think a schoolboy error (well, probably not erc) when reserving several hotels for a London trip, all on ADP. I finalised the bookings on Tuesday - Yes, that's right, I reserved £600 of non-cancellable hotel nights 3 days before Black Friday. What can I say???

So did I lose out? Well here's my schedule. For a variety of reasons including location and price I chose the LHR Ren, followed by the Marriott Regents Park then the Autograph Xenia.

DATE............................HOTEL..........................ADP TUES..................BLACK FRIDAY

12/10.....London Heathrow Renaissance...................£88.............................£87

12/11.....London Marriott Regents Park....................£109...........................£127

12/12.....London Kensington Xenia..........................£132...........................£132

12/13.....London Kensington Xenia..........................£132...........................£132

12/14.....London Kensington Xenia..........................£132...........................£132

So waiting till the much vaunted Black Friday sale would have saved me £1 at the LHR Ren, but cost me £18 extra at the Regents Park with no effect whatsoever on the Xenia. Overall waiting 3 more days for the "sale" would have cost me £17 more.

And from memory looking at the prices on the Tuesday before Black Friday across London for those dates none seem to have reduced by any significant amount. Is it me or is this mainly sales flummery?

mustanggt Platinum

In reply to yur question brightlybob, it's sales flummery.  As I previously mentioned, I have found AAA rates to be lower than the Black Friday rates at the hotels I'm interested in, plus with AAA I don't have to prepay.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Good deal???? Perhaps, but nothing special for being an MR member over non-member -->

Did anyone notice that under the "big balloon" that says, "Member Rates From $79 Per Night" there is another blurb that reads, "Not A Rewards Member? Get Rates From $83/Night" which implies savings of $4 ($83 - $79) for MR members over non-members, approximately 4.82% ($4 / $83) savings by joining MR.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Checked on hotels that I had already booked and I already had the better rate or the hotel was not available.  Waste of time!

seatexan Platinum

My AAA deals were very good for Nola and refundable.  The price for the date and hotel in Nola I was looking at (for the cyber sale) was $10 less than the AAA rate... but I'll pay the $10 for a piece of mind .

Still the time I am going to Nola already had amazing deals.

Too bad my the dates I needed for a SPG property aren't available for steller rates.

It was still fun to look, at least for me... I like looking!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I spent about 15 minutes of my time, looked and found ZERO things we could use as already have travel plans for December and January, then it's over as we won't be visiting Europe before the end of March.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...