6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2016 8:30 PM by clebert RSS

Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort cancelled my reservation

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Never had this happen before, let me explain. I was booked for 5 nights at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort, made the booking about a month ago (followed up with an email and a reservation confirmation number). Went to online to my Marriott account last night and to my surprise my reservation was gone. I phoned the Marriott Plat reservation line and the nice fellow said it looks like the Hotel cancelled your reservation. He confirmed that I did have a valid reservation and was just as surprised as I was. He phoned the hotel directly and they rebooked my reservation but didn't explain what happened.

I then went online again and now there was two reservations (two rooms) for the same dates. I ended up calling the hotel myself to cancel one of the rooms so as to not incur a "late cancellation penalty". After it was all said and done I asked the hotel reservation lady any idea what happened? she mentioned sometimes this happen's when you don't have a CC on file, which would not apply in my case since my CC is always on file, other than that she couldn't answer why.

Anyway I'm really glad I checked my online last night, to show up at the hotel at 11pm (late flight in) and to not have a reservation would have not been nice, read: tired & weary after a long flight.

Anyone else run into this glitch? and if so any idea why?

JD

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Waikiki, Hawaii, USA
  • Re: Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort cancelled my reservation
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Glad to hear you were able to sort this out, jamesdean!  However, so sorry for the frustrations!!  I would like to pass this along to the appropriate team for review.  Would you mind sending me a direct message with the dates of your stay and your Rewards number?  Thanks in advance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

will do, thanx carat!!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Glad it worked out but also reminds me to always check my on line reservations . Also i often relook at rates because sometimes the closer you get the rate begins to drop

Regarding price drop, that's true in this case too, mind it was not a lot of $$ and I was going to raise that too but decided better not complicate things, just glad I had a "confirmed new" reservation. Now Im gonna be checking my on-line constantly just to make sure Im not cancelled..LOL

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

I wonder if it was just a "glitch" in the system.  I stay there 2 to 3 times per year on business and have never had an issue.  I typically receive an email from the Front Desk Manager a week or two prior to my arrival asking what time they may expect me and if I had any requests.

I'm glad everything worked out for you!!!

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Have never had this happen with Marriott.  United Airlines has done it to me, tho!  They made good on it when I figured it out and called to straighten things out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...