9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2016 10:32 PM by beauvallonboy RSS

2016 fall megabonus registration

ericsizer Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

DId anyone, other than myself, find that the 2016 Fall Megabonus registration process was a little frustrating?  I found out about the Megabonus when I started getting the emails about I started getting the email campaign on "30 days of members get it".  As soon as the announcement was in that program, I signed up for the Megabonus program.  What I did not know is that starting with this campaign, nights prior to the date that you sign up but fall within the Megabonus program dates are ineligible for the program.  I sent off an email to find out why I only had 7 nights credit instead of 23 and I was told that starting with this promotion that no dates prior to the date you sign up are counted towards the promotion.  I went back through my email and the fall Megabonus announcemnt was buried in an email that was not a dedicated Megabonus email.  I definitely keep my eyes open for those emails when they come out but this one was in the middle of another promo email.  I understand the shift in the way they announce this because Marriott wants people to read all of the promo emails but as a business traveler, I can't scrutinize every promotional email from all of my travel partners.  I do hope that Marriott does not conduct these bonus programs like this going forward because it just makes it too complicated to try to keep up with this, my travel and just life in general!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2016 fall megabonus registration
    seatexan Platinum

Yes... lots of people had issues this go round.  Hopefully Marriott looks at this when deciding on how future MegaBonuses are handled. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nationwide Platinum

I had too much to say, and you beat me to it!!!! HA! 

nationwide Platinum

ericsizer, you have touched the third rail!    Insiders erupted in an uproar when it was discovered in the very fine print that no nights would be credited retroactively to the beginning of the bonus campaign the way all others have in recent history.  There were hundreds and hundreds of posts lamenting not only the rule change, but that signing up for it at the time it opened proved technically difficult, if not impossible, for a number of Insiders. 

The best thing about being on Insiders is that we did get a heads up that the bonus was coming, and for all its faults and foibles, we managed to work through signing up with the help of the moderators.

The bonus has been referred to as the Fall 2016 "Microbonus" by some, given the paltry points payout compared to years past, and compared to a number of key competitors.  Most of us have gotten over it, under the auspice that Marriott did just drop $14B to acquire Starwood and expand the portfolio of properties for us.  Although, that will get me started on the preferential treatment that the SPG program participants have gotten at every step of the way thus far.... I digress.  We also discovered that those opting for the 5k bonus were targeted for another 5k bonus immediately after achieving their first 2 stays.... argh!!!!!

Welcome to Insiders, and we do hope you will stick around and contribute.    You will have advance notice on programs, benefits etc, get great insights on specific properties, and get to compare experiences.  Seriously, on the whole this is a great place to exchange valuable information, but you did touch the third rail

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Well i never knew this until i saw this thread. I signed up early but more out of habit. I chose the bigger plan which in hindsight was a mistake since some expected travel went away. I will get to nine nights so booked a cheap night in phoenix that will get me to ten

beauvallonboy Platinum

ericsizer,...sorry to hear that you had frustrations with the "16 Fall MB Points".  Since I have discovered Insiders and also receive regular emails and look at my Marriott Rewards account and occasionally log into Marriott website just to see what may popup I have had no real complaints on getting this Fall bonus.  I have been staying at CY Paso Robles this past summer and they were excellent in posting my receipts online & points except for when it was time to leave.  I know they will give me my last weeks stay along with points credit.

With the excellent community managers & contributing Insider members you will get great information here!

Happy holidays!    

insertcoffee Platinum

The sign up this year was tedious and challenging, much of which was IT related. I signed up via the link, and then of course it didn't 'stick' so had to call in, got a lot of pushback etc. and was not pleased about that, since I'm pretty sure I'm not running Marriott IT.  I did my part. I cannot help the ramshackle tool shed that comprises their IT department. After much back and forth, was finally able to get enrolled and to get the credit I was supposed to up to that time.

I have hit the 50 nights already, though the last round of check in/out have not shown up yet, of course, as that ALWAYS takes weeks, so do not have the point credit yet.

As for megabonus vs microbonus: whatever. I'm happy to have 50,000 bonus points.  I'm not happy to have to micromanage everything in my account to make sure it is done properly.  They never seem to have a hard time taking my money, but they always have a hard time giving me my points. Super annoying. Delta Airlines does it within 24 hours. And yes, I know that is not a direct comparison, but regardless, it is a process here.

insertcoffee Platinum

I completed the 50 nights, was awarded my full complement of 50,000 points, and can tell  you that nothing further was offered after completion (though everything just posted last night).  If that changes, will post here and advise.

After much wrangling to get registered, it did finally all work out in the end.

cc nationwide

beauvallonboy Platinum

I was fortunate to have no issues with this Fall promotion.  Sorry for those that had issues

beauvallonboy Platinum

I was fortunate to have no issues with this Fall promotion.  Sorry for those that had issues