8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2016 11:59 AM by mtakehara RSS

Just how good are the Marriott Black Friday Deals?

mtakehara Gold
Currently Being Moderated

New to the forum and Marriott rewards. Curious to see just how good Marriotts Black Friday deals will be. Did anyone purchase rooms last year on Black Friday? I will be needing a room in Seattle in Dec and Jan for 15 or so nights for work and am waiting for Black Friday to book. Does it matter if I get on as soon as the click strikes midnight or can I wait until Friday morning? Are there a limited amount if "special rate" rooms? Thanks for the help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Seattle, Washington, USA
  • Re: Just how good are the Marriott Black Friday Deals?
    erc Platinum

If the sale is like previous sales, there will be some worthwhile deals. They will be difficult to find and they often will be pre-paid only. Previous years also had limited quantities, so some folks didn't pull the trigger only to go back and find out the price was gone; others had difficulty, courtesy of one years tech glitch, securing the room. Some prices will have already been pre-loaded into the system this week (like the Starwood sale this week); some will actually be higher prices than previous weeks and other prices won't appear like deals at all.

Summary: it's worth a look, but do not go in overly optimistic about your specific property/city/ or dates, this is not a Best Buy/Walmart TV offer type of sale - it's an unloading of non-hot inventory sale. The sale also has a very tight window of room dates availability, so matching 15 nights will be quite the challenge, but you might get lucky and have the travel gods smile on you with an intersection of price, date, and Seattle for a night or two.

Good luck

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

homoviator Platinum

as low as $79, but they will probably go fast and only until about mid Jan. Check out this link

Black Friday and Cyber Monday Hotel Deals | Marriott

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Some locations go late into the year. Caribbean and Mexico only until mid January. We did book a good rate in Aruba for June at the Ren. It was called a cyber Monday rate. $125/night. Not bad. We love that hotel. Great price, but not Black Friday.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Which locations did you find, which are offering Black Friday deals later into the year?  I only found through mid-Jan, possibly through 1st weekend of Feb., all advance purchase, with no significant savings.

bert868 Platinum 3 Reviews

The only problem that I see with the cyber rates is that you have to pre-pay.  I don't do advance pay at hotels unless it is that day or the next day.  I like to book and then if I find a better price go for it or if something comes up,  I can cancel it without penalty. 

nationwide Platinum

mtakehara, well how did you make out on your Black Friday quest for 15 nights in Seattle?    Inquiring minds want to know.... 

mtakehara Gold

The "deals" were pretty disappointing, at least for Seattle. I booked 6 nights, only two of the nights were decent deals, the rest was pretty close to what you would pay otherwise.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

How good is this (pretty much what I saw across the board)?

image.png

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...