10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2016 8:45 AM by carat RSS

Phoenix Marriott Mesa

red-in-la Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Not my favorite Marriott and it's on my DNR list.  Lifetime Platinum member.

Check-in was ok once we got past the magenta Marriott sign being shown on the lobby floor.  Guess they think we don't know where we are.  Las Vegas maybe?

Got to my room on the concierge floor.  It went downhill from there.  The heat didn't work.  The closet doors had to be picked up to move.  The shower head leaked.  The carpets where, imho, tired.  They still had the hair dryer hanging on the wall.  The coat hook on the back of the bathroom door was half out of the door and the sink faucet leaked.

I called the front desk the next morning telling them about the HEAT, shower and closet doors.  That afternoon the shower wasn't leaking as bad.  It was still cold in the room and couldn't open or close the closet doors.

Called again the next morning and finally got the heat and closet doors fixed, hours before check-out.  Well, the doors sort of worked.  At least the next customer will have heat.

I went into the lounge to check out the "menu" after 5pm.  The lady in charge was very nice, unfortunately the selection available was somewhere between totally sad and mediocre.  Also, no beer or alcohol of any type.  Breakfast, again was mediocre.  And, again the lady in charge was nice and efficient.

The other guy who checked in with me had his sink overflow because it was stopped up.

I really don't understand why they let these room run down like this.  It seems dirt simple to get housekeeping involved by reporting the problems they see.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Phoenix, Arizona, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Phoenix Airport Marriott
  • Re: Phoenix Marriott Mesa
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi @red-in-la, so sorry to hear of your experience!  I'd like to help and have reached out via direct message for additional details. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

npenn Platinum

I'm usually in Phoenix 4 days a week and I have to say I agree that the Mesa location isn't that nice.  It's not the best location and parking is a little strange.   All in all the Marriott hotels in Mesa just aren't that great but I have also stayed at many great hotels in Phoenix. 

Next time you are heading to Phoenix let me know and I would happy to make some suggestion based on where you would like to be.

Thanks for the offer npenn.  We where trying to save the company $ by staying here instead of staying local to Scottsdale.  The 30 minute drive wasn't worth it and we'll stay closer to Scottsdale next time.  I do like / enjoy Residence Inn's as well.

Someone else mentioned parking.  It is certainly convoluted.  There is a reasonable sports bar for dinner right outside the front entrance.  Probably the major plus of this property.

npenn Platinum

Depending on the time of the year, Phoenix hotels can get pretty expensive. For example I was paying around $75 to stay in Scottsdale during the summer but after Sept 1st the rate jumped to $148 as the snow birds come back and the weather turns beautiful.  North Phoenix is nice if you have to come back and its only 20 minutes from Scottsdale also the drive from Mesa can really suck. 

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

they go even higher in February and especially March during spring training . Since like most major cities you can hit a lot of traffic if you plan to stay far from your daytime destination , it is best to stay somewhat local. I wouldn't stay for instance in Glendale is you need to be in Scottsdale.

curiousone Platinum

Besides the hotels in North Phoenix/Scottsdale, you could try a studio at the MVCI Canyon Villas, right across the street from the JW Marriott Desert Ridge. If you will be in downtown Phoenix checkout the Renaissance. We stay at the Ren to use our Cat 5 certificates.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

One more point it is tough to get nights on points in March

npenn Platinum

I agree Jerry, I've traveled the last year to Phoenix and around June the price go way down but by September they are back up and you're right the price during Feb and Mar are ridiculous.  If you need to work on Scottsdale North Phoenix isn't too bad a drive and hotels are bit more reasonably priced. 

So the corporate BS continues.  A flurry of responses from Cara and nothing follows two working days later.  Nothing from Phoenix Marriott Mesa either.  This is just as impressive as their response to no heat in the room.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Apologies, @red-in-la! In situations like these, it can take a few days to speak with the hotel's management team.  We have done so and I have reached out via direct message with additional details. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...