9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2016 5:05 PM by erc RSS

Starwood Cyber Sale Monday November 21

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Realizing you're still tingling from the excitement of buying Thann body products on sale or a blender with your points, here's a reminder about hopes for actual deals:

From the Marriott press release regarding the Starwood Cyber Sale which starts Monday November 21st

"SPG is getting a head start on Cyber Monday, launching special rates November 21st through December 4th – featuring discounts of up to 30% for stay dates through September 4, 2017. Plus, SPG members will enjoy an additional 5% savings when booking directly through the Cyber Monday sale site."

First, the disclaimer - there have been some actual deals and true savings in previous Marriott sales. The challenge is A) to find them among all of the chaff and filler and B) to actually snag one - only a few per property existed and like Hamilton tickets, you had to be one of the lucky few to get through the grid and land one (often pre-paids)

PAL/RPAL Timelines - Page 6
   Using the Infinite Monkey Theorem, erc landed deals in previous years

Marriott sale is 4 days (11/25-29) - Starwood 14 days (11/21 - 12/4)
  Marriott has excluded markets (Asia) - Starwood apparently doesn't
  Marriott sale good for travel - Dec. 9 to Jan. 16 - Starwood Dec. 4 to Sept.4
  Marriott up to 25% off - Starwood up to 35% off

Marriott has been unusually conscientious (although some SPG folks don't see it) about giving SPG folks a more than 'fair shake'. It will be interesting to see which culture dominates in the Starwood cyber sale.

thank you sir may i have another 1  If it's the Marriott approach, then Starwood properties will be on sale in Cairo during a 'free Morsi' demonstration;

... being is fanning him while he is being fed grapes by a green female  If the Starwood sale runs along the lines of their upgrade policy, then there just might be some there, there. Coming off of all of the Hilton, Hyatt, and IHG matching e-mails we're getting, you'd like to think, this could be a real deal.

Let's see how it plays out; let your fellow Insiders know if you snag a real deal (as opposed to 25% off a 30% mark up).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Starwood Cyber Sale Monday November 21
    seatexan Platinum

I have these dates with reminders put in my cal.  But Marriott doesn't have a very good stay range Dec 9 - Jan 16. My trip to Nola is before Dec 9th.

Starwood is better as I need a good discount for Munich in May.

Am I reading that wrong? Marriott has a 1 month window stay while Starwood has a 9 month window!?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Nope, you got that right - that's the way we roll in Bethesda

seatexan Platinum

Well that AAA membership is looking even better now!

seachi Platinum

You guys actually get good rates at Marriott with AAA? When I check, it's usually worse than using an employer's rate.

seatexan Platinum

An employers rate? Well my co. doesn't offer any hotel deals and I don't work for Marriott so those deals are out.  I can say, I just saved $96 by rebooking with an AAA rate for my upcoming stay.  So for me, that just paid my yearly AAA dues and then some.

The AAA rate is not ALWAYS better and I have seen the reg. rate be better in some cases. 

I was just checking out another stay in Nola for last week in Dec and the rates are so low! but pre-pay.  With AAA I can cancel and the rate is still lower than the refundable reg. rate. I'd rather pay more than have to eat the whole thing if things don't work out. 

So...so far it was so worth me signing up for AAA!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Good stuff, glad to see you're up early and on top of your game this Friday morning erc.

Since I will be home all day Monday it will be fun to tinker with this and see what we might be able to score.  Could be an introduction to a Starwood property for the Mrs., and myself in 2017!

erc Platinum

Great, that's what I was hoping for - a true veteran going at it

Cause I'm tellin' ya - if you don't go in with the right atty tood, you ain't gettin' squat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wiQ18jDWqo

Thanks, (I'm in Clearwater near Phillies training camp Monday and will be off the grid, so I appreciate your efforts)

seachi Platinum

Thanks for posting a reminder over Starwood.

If no website such as TPG categorically lists the deals over Marriott/Starwood, it might be handy for us to have a separate thread going that specifically calls out the best deals.

erc Platinum

That's an excellent idea seachi  let's hope someone does it. All they have to do is on Monday morning post a title (or something like it)

Post Your Starwood Cyber Deals

I'll be down in Clearwater hitting boat cruises, bike rides, beer flights, wineries, Bern's, the Dali Museum and a few other treats that involve bourbon. I had an excellent $152 rate at the Clearwater Marriott Suites, but a baseball buddy who always goes to Phillies spring training told me the Fairfield Inn on the bay with great views was a very nice property, so I snagged that for $75 and will invest the savings into food - yeah baby .

Low-tech Living After the SHTF | Prep-Blog.com  But when I travel, tech troglodyte that I am, I truly go off the grid, ever since millennials (they turned out to be nice guys) made fun of me at the Indy JW concierge lounge when the computer blasted, "You've Got Mail !!",  so let's hope someone (how about you?) takes up your good idea and post the deals.

Starwood sale being several days long, sort of implies that there is worthwhile inventory; unlike Marriott's Cyber Sales in the past, where if you were lucky enough to get one, it was all she wrote or as Trautman told Rambo

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/73921

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...