5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2016 12:24 PM by annew20 RSS

SPG Birthday Promo Rates

rle Gold
Currently Being Moderated

If any of you have been pondering exploration of the Starwood properties and are looking to rack up some more Marriott and/or SPG points, SPG is offering its members a reduced rate for each second-night stay: your birthday rate.  For each night you pay and stay at the regular rate, you will get the second night at the rate corresponding to the year of your birth.  So, if you were born in 1980, your rate would be $80 for each second night. 

Pay rates equal to your birth year across the US, Canada, and the Caribbean.

I thought this was a clever idea from SPG that I wanted to share with the group.  I also think this would be a great reciprocal promotion for Marriott to offer! 

Cheers!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: SPG Birthday Promo Rates
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

This is nice!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seachi Platinum

Neat idea, but can't see this lasting more than a few years. If the minimum age for a room is 18, then we've got 2 more years (otherwise those born in 200 would pay 0).

rle Gold

I was thinking about that too!  Right now, they are only 16 but in two more years, they would be 18 and old enough to book a hotel room for essentially$0.  Any MR or SPG members with kids could just book hotels in their name and take advantage of free rooms.  I doubt it will last very long, certainly not beyond the final SPG/MR merger, unless Marriott decides to keep it and re-institute it every now and then. 

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Yes, it sdoes seem that this promo is going to run out of track at the same time as SPG runs out... kind of ironic, that.

annew20 Gold

I read  the T&C's & it said "select hotels & resorts will add $100 to your birth year rate."  Once you fill in your destination, it will list which hotels have added the $100.  Otherwise, that second night at your birth year could be a deal.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...