10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2016 10:34 AM by Snail5930 RSS

Grosvenor House London Lifetime Platinum Upgrade :(

sgreene Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone else had upgrade challenges, using points, at this hotel? Prior to using the mobile check in this morning, I checked the number of suites that were available for the length of our stay. The Marriott reservation site indicated that they had Executive Suites, Park View Suite, Premium Park Suite & the Royal Suite were all  available.

When I required about the upgrade through the mobile app the Associate indicated that they had the potential of selling out and the upgrade was not available.   The associate was very helpful and escalated our request to the Client Manager.

I haven't been able to connect with the management team yet so I am hopeful Marriott will do the right thing. The Royal Suite looks lovely.

Stay tuned for an updated review!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel Park Lane
  • Re: Grosvenor House London Lifetime Platinum Upgrade :(
    seatexan Platinum

sgreene Oh goodness! How long are you staying?

I'll be waiting to see what happens as I have already made a reservation on points.  It's not for a few months but I am still interested in your outcome.

I am staying 5 nights.  I don't think I would get a suite...but a bigger room upgrade would be nice. 

Let me know how it goes! I was also told there was a shower in the lounge for elite members.  If you find out how that works, reservations needed? That would be great .  I'd love to shower after a long haul flight.

I hope you enjoy your stay!  I'll be waiting for that review

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

never stayed there but what is an upgrade is certainly confusing . sometimes it can be a larger room , a room with a better view , a suite etc.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Beware slippery wording... whilst the Marriott upgrade policy does now include suites any complimentary upgrade is "subject to availability determined by the hotel at time of check-in". Most Marriotts determine at checkin that their available suites might be sold later to a walk-in and hence are "not available".

Whilst I wish you all the luck in your pursuit of a complimentary Platinum upgrade to the Royal Suite, try not to be too disappointed by the room you do actually receive which is monumentally unlikely to be that. I have however found that the JW does reliably upgrade, usually to a larger room, though once, on request, to a Family Suite...

seachi Platinum

I'm not too surprised. There's another thread about this. Whether supported by company policy or not, I've encountered that using points or on a cheap rate will give you less odds of an upgrade than someone of the same tier who pays a high rate.

I've specifically had front desk associates say "an upgrade? not on a rate like that" or "not on points, sorry".

It likely bothers many, but it's hard to complain. Hotels are a business. They're going to do more for a person who pays 3x my rate than myself on points.

seatexan Platinum

They should never say "not on that rate" or "no upgrade, you paid on points".  The Terms say "when available."  I can understand not getting a suite, but not getting a high floor, or larger room, would be upsetting if I see them available.  The hotel still gets paid when we redeem, just not nearly as much of course.  Those that pay on points shouldn't be made to feel shunned and I would def. post a review if they made me feel like I wasn't valued. 

Did someone really tell you that you don't get an upgrade Bc you paid on points?

seachi Platinum

Yes - and from on my experience I'll clarify that it's based on availability after the priority referenced. It doesn't come Seinfeld-soup-nazi style to "no upgrade for you on cheap rate / points" but "since other people paid more, you're not getting an upgrade before them, and since there's now nothing left, no upgrade for you."

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Yes,

I have had upgrades with point stays at this wonderful hotel!

Great location, wonderful staff.

DSCN0012_0005.jpg

IMG_0227.JPG

Enjoy!

Snail5930 Gold

I was at the beginning of May in this hotel. I received upgrade - larger room.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...