1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 15, 2016 8:22 AM by mustanggt RSS

Guaranteed Room Type/Bed Question

regulateinstitutions Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have a question regarding the guaranteed room type policy for Gold/Platinum members. I am currently staying at a Marriott Marquis.  When I made my reservation I was gold status and booked a Marquis Deluxe, Guest Room, 1 King, Sofa Bed.  Upon arrival at the hotel, I walked into a room and found that it was a Marquis Deluxe, Guest Room, 2 Double Beds. I called the desk and was told all king rooms were sold out and my king bed was not guaranteed.  I'm wondering if I have any leverage here or if I'm out of luck because I didn't specify ahead of time that I wanted a king bed.  However, I literally booked a room with King Bed in the title so I would think that would be a clear indicator of preference. I understand that the hotel is very likely sold out of king rooms, but I wouldn't think it was completely sold out to other Platinum members who were given king beds over myself.  I could always be wrong.

Secondly, which status matters in this situation, the Gold Status I was when I booked the room, or the Platinum status I now am when I checked in? Any advice or help would be appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Guaranteed Room Type/Bed Question
    mustanggt Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

If you are gold or platinum, room type according to the T&C's is "guaranteed priority...subject to availability".  Your room type and elite level must be listed on the reservation at the time the reservation is made.  It sounds like the particular property had no "availability" at the time you checked in.  I have never had this happen, but I suppose anything is possible.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...