1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 12, 2016 11:49 AM by AndrewT RSS

SPG point transfer not affecting Lifetime points

solkua Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

When it was recently announced that you could transfer points between accounts, I was hoping that it would help me achieve Lifetime Gold. However when I did a recent transfer of SPG points to MR, it made no change to Lifetime points. Whereas transferring miles from United Mileage Plus or even points from Hertz to MR do in fact add to your Lifetime point total.

I think I understand why they don't can't because you can endlessly swap back and forth, but I was hoping that you would get to convert them to achieve a Lifetime status. I wanted to do so just because I am hoping that once you achieve Lifetime status that they will honor it going forward versus taking it away once they figure out the end state of the program.

At the pace I'm at now, I would have Lifetime Gold by February, but I'm wondering (concerned) if MR will start the new year with a whole new program.

Do we think MR would just institute a knife edge cutover to new program or do we think it will done with notice

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: SPG point transfer not affecting Lifetime points
    AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi there,

I believe the following excerpts from the Merger FAQs should answer your questions:

Q - I am on track to earn Lifetime Status in 2016 or 2017. Should I continue to work toward it if there will ultimately be a new program announced?

A - Yes, you should certainly continue on your path to Lifetime Status qualification with Rewards or SPG. Lifetime Status is an accomplishment that we will always celebrate and recognize, whether in your earned program today or in a new, combined program in the future.

Q - What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?

A - Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...