7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2016 9:57 AM by iahflyr RSS

Absolutely petty question, but curious...

solkua Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just stayed at a Courtyard and went to the Bistro for my free Starbucks coffee as part of my Platinum arrival gift. My freebie this go around was limited to a tall (small) dark or blonde cup. I find that Courtyards are highly variable on this offering. Other locations have offered any size and some have even offered specialty coffees again of any size. Not sure why this isn't consistently applied, but it makes me wonder what the offering should really be. I assume it is what I was offered today.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Absolutely petty question, but curious...
    nationwide Platinum

solkua, you hit the nail on the head.  The offering (standard) is exactly what you were offered today.  I, too, have experienced a great deal of variability in this.  In fact, just this morning, at the Courtyard in Kingwood, Texas, I received a Venti Earl Gray Tea.  At the same hotel, I've had others tell me the offer is limited to a tall cup of coffee.  I am always appreciative of getting what I would order if I were paying for it separately - and this happens "most" of the time.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Here's the silly thing.....the cost to the hotel is minimal. Offering the larger size is less than 3 cents.

The cost difference in the cup is less than a penny, practically zero....the cost of the couple of ounces of coffee, again zero. Additional condiments don't really come into play because some people drink it black, some with sweetener only, etc. Then comes the labor cost...no difference for 12 ounces versus 20 ounces.  So the bottom line is any hotel that insults a coffee customer who prefers the larger cup doesn't realize that they are only hurting themselves.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Agree with you and sometimes I get any size and some small. It seems when I want the larger size the attendant seems  confused

peymanagement Platinum

Not petty, just good feedback. I tend to not do courtyards, although I had to many times when I was on business. In Ottawa I had that chit expanded to any beverage that I wanted. When I said I just want a coffee, he looked at me over his glasses looking at the taps, and said are you sure? I had a nice local craft, only 14 ounces mind you but better than something that has been sitting in the coffee urn for an hour.

etwhite Platinum

I agree with all the comments from nationwide, painedplatinum, and peymanagement.  At some Courtyard's you can ask for a Venti and they don't bat an eye. I've stayed at some where you get a free coffee everyday instead of just the first day.  I always go back for a refill before I head to the plant and I can say that I've never had to pay for a refill.  In my opinion Courtyard is like TSA.. Never consistent!!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

IT seems silly to me to restrict the offering just to small drink, larger sizes cost fractions of a penny extra only, which is why I assume so many CYs do offer them. Mind you, restricting Platinum benefits to the minimum is pretty well brand standard at CY.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I've pretty much given up on CY for a couple of reasons, mostly due to the fact that my Wife finds the beds extremely uncomfortable when compared to RI, the Bistro, reduced Platinum benefits and the nightly rates are pretty pricey for what you get.

Well put etwhite with your TSA comparison.  I was going to add in what we'd say about the FAA when I was working, "we're not happy till you're not happy" so now we have to gov't agencies to compare to CY!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...