4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2016 10:56 AM by carat RSS

Marriott Rewards Credit Card- Spouse?

bronzebooks Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

My wife and I are interested in getting the (Canadian) Marriott Rewards Visa Card. I hold a Marriott Rewards account, and 100% of the Marriott travel in our family is done by either me alone or myself and my wife together. In the context of our general finances, we'd like to apply for the card under my wife's name (and get an authorized user card for me), but would prefer to link the card to my Marriott account as opposed to establishing a new account for my wife (in order to best take advantage of elite night credits etc.). She would never be using my Marriott rewards number directly, aside from being the account holder on the card linked to my number. Does anyone have a sense if this is doable?

Thanks for the help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Credit Card- Spouse?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi bronzebooks.  Welcome to the Insiders Community!  Typically when members apply for the Marriott Rewards Credit Card and do not have an established account, one is created for them.  So if you were to apply for the credit card in your wife's name, a new Rewards account would be created.  However, I've reached out for additional clarity and will circle back with details as soon as they are received.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bronzebooks Gold

Thanks Cara! Much appreciated!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi bronzebooks.  We have confirmed that the name on the Marriott Rewards Credit Card account has to match the name on the Marriott Rewards account.  If you were to apply under your wife's name and provide the your Marriott Rewards account number, it would be disregarded and a new Marriott Rewards account would be opened under your wife’s name.

coupons Gold

I would like to know the answer as well. My hubby and I each have Marriott cards with individual MR acct #s.  I have had them add my MR # to his name and yet when points were accrued they went to his MR #.  It took lots of calls and only because of the new rules were the 50,000 MRs put in my acct.  I would like to know about the elite nights that he accrues b/c he has the card-can those be transfeered to my acct?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...