20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2017 11:02 PM by coupons RSS

Marriott Rewards Visa Card Offering 2x Points on Costco Purchases

mavster Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Haven't seen this deal mentioned here yet.  The Chase MR Visa card is offering 2 reward points/dollar spent at Costco and other warehouse clubs until the end of 2016.  I found it advertised in my Chase online account last week, but it apparently started October 1.

My wife tested it by using our MR Visa instead of the Costco Visa on our last Costco purchase and the online account shows it earning 2 points/dollar.

I'm surprised they didn't advertise this better...no email or statement insert to let card members know about it.  Did anyone else get a notice about it?  I don't know if it was a targeted offer.

While I value the 2% cash back from the Costco Visa more than the 2x points, this offers an easy way to boost points earnings through the end of the year.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Visa Card Offering 2x Points on Costco Purchases
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

mavster...  Did you happen to noticed if you have to opt in?  I'm pretty sure I was at Costco in mid October and don't think I received the 2X points

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mavster Silver

No opt-in, it was automatic.  Look in the lower left of your Chase online account screen, that's where I found the ad for the bonus 2x promo.  The ads rotate in that spot so you may have to refresh that page a few times to see it.  It could also be a targeted promo for some reason.

mavster Silver

You can also click the "View Details" for your Costco purchase in the Chase online listing to see if it credited the 2x bonus or not.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

thanks for the info. I personally like the cash back but could be a good way to get extra points. As best I know any Visa will now work at Costco.

mavster Silver

Finally got the promo to pop up again in my Chase account.  Here's the link to the Chase promo page, looks like it's open to all cardholders on first $1500 of purchases.

Marriott Rewards Credit Card Wholesale Club

bubbie Platinum 2 Reviews

I just checked and I did not get the 2x.

bubbie Platinum 2 Reviews

Unfortunately for me it's targeted. Got verification from Chase that my card is ineligible.

spmiceli Gold

I received it.  I also had some pointed credited retroactively.  I have the executive Costco membership so I also get cash back (but not the Costco credit card).

coupons Gold

I received an email for this in the middle of October; the promo started Oct. 1st; 
    I had been using my credit card vs my husband (he was the one that was given this offer)

I was very annoyed since I had spent several hundreds of dollars between BJs and Costco (Sam's Club is also included);  I may contact Marriott Rewards and see what they will do (if anything) to get the points

Most promos seem to come after they have started

Not sure why this happens; I called the CC company; no answer at all

coloradonative78 Platinum

I called Chase and referenced the link that was posted above by mavster: Marriott Rewards Credit Card Wholesale Club

After being put on hold, the Chase representative researched the offer and then opened a service ticket to have my card credited with the double points for my Costco transactions since October 1, 2016.

I think it's worth giving Chase a call, as this offer states, "no activation or enrollment needed."

It's also key to be patient and courteous to the Chase representative.

Cheers!

mustanggt Platinum

Itt makes sense to be courteous to everyone you deal with whether over the phone or in person.  Life is way too short to go around acting like a bull in a china shop.  In judging your behavior you should always think about how you would like to be treated if the shoe were on the other foot.  Good things happen to good people!

coupons Gold

The reiview the issue in our case. I didn't receive the offer on my card, only my husband did. I used my card for most of October b/c he offer didn't show til October 20th. I was told his was targeted and I was ineligible. No ofer to give me the points.  will call again but doubt that the answer will change.  I also tweeted Chase thinking there would be a way for them to rectify issue. Got an apology.

FYI  I did get this offer

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 12.20.30 PM.png

whodatplatinum Platinum 1 Reviews

I called chase and they sent me a letter last week that it was chosen members only and I was not one of them.  It does not go to all CC holders, which is BS to me.  Don't have it on a website then.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...