11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2016 5:39 AM by erc RSS

The cosmopolitan wifi fee for Gold and above members

imxelite Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I know the fee is waived for Gold and above members but according to the resort fee wifi is apart of that cost. Does the cosmo provide type of credit since we are paying the resort fee?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The cosmopolitan wifi fee for Gold and above members
    AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for reaching out. I've sent you a direct message for assistance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

They didn't charge me a wifi fee, but they did charge the resort fee which I think is supposed to include wifi?

imxelite Gold

Yeah that is what has me worried. We are paying for something that is supposed to be complimentary.

Hi all,

While this property participates in the Marriott Rewards program, it does not participate in free in-room wi-fi for Rewards members. More information is available at the link below.

Free Wi-Fi for Rewards Members

Thank you

imxelite Gold

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for looking into this for us. I do have a question though since I contacted the cosmo by email and they replied with the following benefits for gold members:

Hello ,

Thank you for reaching out to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the most original resort in the Heart of The Strip.

In regard to your request made through Marriott Customer Care for an explanation of the Marriott Gold Benefits, below is what you can expect upon arrival.

Marriott Gold Benefits:
      •Access to the Autograph Lounge located next to the Front Desk with coffee and tea
      service available from 6AM-12PM daily
      •Check in and out of the resort from the Autograph Lounge
      •Complimentary tier upgrade (based upon availability)
      •Complimentary late check-out extended to 1PM (based upon availability)
      •Complimentary premium Internet access

Please feel free to contact the Autograph Lounge at 702.698.6700
      with any additional inquires.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

imxelite Gold

Also upon further review of the link you provided there is an asterisk that applies to gold members:

Property that participates in the Marriott Rewards program but does not participate in free in-room Wi-Fi for Rewards members:

Atlantis Paradise Island*

The CosmopolitanTM, Las Vegas, NV*

Mulu Marriott Resort & Spa

*This property participates in free Wi-Fi for Gold and Platinum Elite members.

So sorry for the confusion; you are absolutely correct. Please allow me to look into your original question with our team.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi imxelite,  we've taken a look into this for you and were able to find that Gold Elite members would be required to pay the full resort fee, but would have access to the premium WiFi. So sorry for the confusion!  Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

ezgoing Platinum

I don't think the response alleviates the confusion.  Gold and platinum members are to get free internet.  The Cosmopolitan and many other resorts charge gold and platinum members for internet via the resort fee.  The charge violates the stated policy. The real policy is that gold and platinum members get free internet unless a property decides to charge for it via a resort fee. 

The policy of free internet is not being adhered to and Marriott management permits this to continue.  Are they waiting for a law suit? If they think it is proper for resorts to charge fees for internet then change the policy to the reality of the situation--gold and platinum members get free internet unless they don't!

Can we finally get some explanation from management--this issue has been raised before? Do they truly believe that charging for internet via a resort fee does not contradict the policy of free internet? I'd like to see the logic of that explained.

erc Platinum

ezgoing , imxelite  and all fellow resort fee sufferers

I agree with you that the explanations (one incorrect, one incomplete - but both accurate with regards to what they were told) do not alleviate the confusion.

I'm  pretty confident Marriott isn't concerned about a lawsuit, they've taken on and settled larger, more costlier litigation where they were actually at fault and admitted it   http://fortune.com/2014/10/03/marriott-settles-complaint-that-it-blocked-guest-wi-fi-hotspots/.

Here's my prediction for the rest of your inquiry:

Can we finally get some explanation from management?  It will essentially be more of the same. The Cosmopolitan charges the Resort Fee for Internet, fitness club usage, local calls, and access to the tennis court. So similar to dropping the Category 5 certificates, removing hotel reviews, dropping the Welcome Amenity of wine and cheese and other 'enhancements', Marriott would probably just respond in doublespeak by adding that the Resort Fee covers free internet for non-members and all of the other goodies for everyone.  And whereas you and the rest of us would like the logic of that explained, IMO we'll see BOGOs returned before that Gordian Knot of mumble jumble is unraveled.

Has
            this issue been raised before? On this forum, on Flyertalk and on various travel blogs all across the aforementioned 'free' internet, for at least four years and counting, and here we are. Essentially Marriott charges resort fees....because they can. The newest approach for non-resort is Amenity Fees (some implemented retroactively to reservations). There are also some properties that charge resort fees per person and as a % of the overall rate, so apparently like the man without shoes who saw the man without feet, we should consider ourselves lucky.

Do they truly believe that charging for internet via a resort fee does not contradict the policy of free internet? I would conclude given the above, that yes, Marriott does not feel it contradicts their policy of free internet, but I too await the explanation that the unfortunate moderator must dig up from the Appropriate (downgraded from the previously titled Greater) Team.  He/she is in a no win situation and can only parrot the jibber jabber that is sent down from Intergalactic, which will be corporate speak for "Because we can".

And on top of it all
            Swaby Online Media – SEO, SEM & Social Media Marketing we don't even earn points for the fees.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...