27 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2016 10:18 AM by iahflyr RSS

New layout for site?

seatexan Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I was rechecking rates to see if I could find a better deal for another weekend in Nola (I sure go there a lot!)...and all the prices are now listed like this!  It is throwing me off... I am not sure if I like it or not... I am thinking not BUT I am also not used to it.  So I might just need to give it time.

Is anyone else seeing this? I am not at home to check a different computer. 

There are still the tabs at the top that list, Standard rate, Packages, Member Rates"  However, every rate is listed under the Standard Rate tab, making the others not needed...

New layout.png

2New layout.png

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New layout for site?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I think I like it, though I'm not seeing it on my searches yet. It is clearer and negates the need to go back and forth to compare rates.. . Yes, I think I'm in favour... nice spot, SeaTexan

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

That's odd you would not see it... Yeah I do like not having to flip thru things to compare rates.

etwhite Platinum

SeaTexan, mine looks the same as yours.

same.JPG

seatexan Platinum

Ok good! I am not crazy and my computer is not going bonkers.  I was worried when Bob could not see it. 

mustanggt Platinum

I started seeing this last week or maybe even two weeks ago during my searches.  I actually like it better.  for each room type you can see the various rates.  I still have the tabs on top for standard, special and package rates. When the screen first pops up it shows the various standard rates.  In order to see special (such as AAA) or package rates you do need to click on the tab and then those applicable rates show up.  For me, the way I search, it makes it a bit easier.  However, I am still amazed at the vast number of rates there are at certain full service properties!

seatexan Platinum

Yes! So many rates! Just yesterday it came up for me, or maybe I just noticed... I don't see AAA but I don't have AAA.  Can anyone be get AAA?  I guess I need to look up how that works.

mustanggt Platinum

If the property offers AAA rates they will come up when you click the "special" tab.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

SeaTexan  Yes, you can join AAA.  Before I was eligible for the senior rate, I found that using the AAA rate more than paid for the AAA membership with the savings.  Even now, sometimes the AAA/AAA Hot Deal rate is lower than the senior rate.

seatexan Platinum

I can't tell if the rates are per month, or per year... on the benefits compare page.

We have the basic membership and it is renewed annually.

seatexan Platinum

ben.png

If these are yearly, then that is doable for me.

The rates are yearly.  I like the tour books and maps (paper) that you can order from them.

seatexan Platinum

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up

I have even used them for flat tires and dead batteries!

mustanggt Platinum

They also provide free towing within a certain radius.  That benefit has saved me a few times!

seatexan Platinum

I have been REALLY REALLY lucky and have not had any issues, but I do drive a lot and most of the time on my own so this is really something I need to seriously consider. 

For some reason I thought you had to be of certain wiser age to enroll.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You mean like mine?

seatexan Platinum

Yes you! particularly the "wiser" bit ;D

mustanggt Platinum

Hey SeaTexan, you're confusing the AAA with the AARP, or is it the AA, ADA, NRA??? 

I always confuse the USPS with the UPS, or is it the USS, USA???

seatexan Platinum

..... yes!

I too have been seeing this for a few weeks and thought it was simply a glitch in the site, but guess not.

chobbits Platinum

I find this a bit annoying to be honest. All I see now is 3 x as many rates as there were before !

seatexan Platinum

Yeah I see a crazy amount of different rates now at all once. I wish they would file them away in their proper tabs, clean things up.

seatexan Platinum

Update: The site has reverted back to it's old self! Just as I was getting used to the new clean look!

mustanggt Platinum

I just noticed that as well.  Quite frankly, I liked the new version better having all the rates associated with a particular room type listed together.  Someone in IT is just messing with us!

Or are we messing with the IT folks and not telling them when we see the things they play with like the formerly new version of the web site?   

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...