12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2016 11:50 PM by homoviator RSS

Most nights in a year ?

nipper Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Curious how many nights in a year people get.

I am at 200 (without the 110 rolled over from last year).  Have another 30 planned, so I expect to hit 230 this year, which should be my record.

Andy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Most nights in a year ?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Nice end of the year question nipper!

This year I should end up at about 115-120and it will be only the second time in a decade I've ended up at over 100 nights. Mind you that figure is artificially inflated by 40 nights due to the international double nights promo which is proving very useful in my pursuit of lifetime Plat!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

That's a. Lot but none more than Wes . When you can have in excess of actual days that is a record. I think for me now I am more in the 30-40 night range with my highest likely around 125

mustanggt Platinum

I will finish this year at 170 nights from all sources.  All of my travel and credit card use is leisure.  In addition, when I stay at a Marriott I usually rent 2 or 3 rooms to accommodate family, but only get elite night credit for one room.  If these additional rooms were added in I would have well over 200 nights.

cmeyer Platinum

I should end up with about 180 paid nights + 10 redeemed nights this year, which is probably my all-time high.

The roll-over nights alone will keep me platinum for another year, which is certainly nice!

chobbits Platinum

This year ill end up with around 160, so that will see me at platinum till 2019. Normally im around 80-90 mark

peymanagement Platinum

I will be about 120 which is a high for me.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

My most non-concurrent stays in one year: 243 in 2012.

spittinopinions Platinum

I will finish around 125 this year.  Quick question that I know won't have a great reply as it's an enigma, but does 125 nights this year plus 5 straight years of being platinum get me anywhere close to Platinum Premier?

mustanggt Platinum

125 nights will probably be short to get PP, however there is no precise way to know.  PP is the top 3% of all platinum elite.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

My guess is they use a three year rolling average....so if your 125 is coupled with the two previous years and both were over 100, I'm betting you'll get the PP.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Got PP for two straight years with 100-125 nights but mostly in full service Marriotts . I doubt if you stay at a Fairfield for 125 nights that you will get PP

homoviator Platinum

I would love a job that allowed me to live in an hotel year-round.  My family on the other hand, not so much. My high is around 115. This year, I'll pull in at the end of the year with about 80. Next year, I expect to put up around 110. Anything over 100 with a family is tough in many ways.  After putting in a few years at these numbers, I've come to appreciate Marriotts for family vacations.   When I started, I tried to maximize my points by staying at the hotels that cost the fewest points.  Now, that's for the birds. I want resort like amenities when I'm with the family now on vacation so I can zone out. Or at least I have stuff to keep the family occupied while I'm working :-(. Either way, I've come to appreciate the resorts more each year as a way to use points. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...