2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2010 11:44 AM by munem_ RSS

What is Premier

indyinsider Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have been a Platinum Premier member for several years now and still cant figure out what it is. Could someone please explain the added benefits of this level.

• Re: What is Premier
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

good question and thanks for asking:  Platinum Premier is as Pingreeman says, the top three percent of loyal customers.  It confers no additional benefits other than a different kind of card, a special phone number where the folks are specially trained for their roles and helpful as well.  In addition, at times you will be given special preferential treatment when you check in--though I have found this to be a sometimes thing.

Call the rewards line and see if they can amplify on these comments.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What is Premier
    munem_ Platinum

I think Marriott could do a better job improving this level. Most Platinum Premier members got there by spending almost 150 nights - that's Platinum (75 nights) twice over! If you get a ton of incremental benefits going from silver to gold (40 night delta) and gold to platinum (25 night delta), shouldn't Platinum Premier be even more special? Go ahead and limit it to the top 1-2% if it's a cost issue.

To me, being Premier shows real dedication - e.g. sometimes when I can't decide between two potential cities to visit, the presence of a Marriott is the deciding factor.

So in exchange for this much loyalty, I would really like more than just a phone number! To be honest, I don't find the Premier number to be any better than the regular Platinum number. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...