7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2016 9:43 AM by AZDesertRat RSS

How long does it take for the 80,000 bonus points to show on your account after reaching spending minimum?

mtakehara Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I recently hit my $3,000 spending limit to trigger the 80,000 bonus point offer through the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier card. My billing cycle just ended and I saw on my account that I received 11,000 points that I earned from my spending as well as my authorized user 7,500 point bonus but no 80,000 bonus, I just figured it would all show up at once. Has this happened to anyone else, the bonus showing up after all of the other spending points even though it was in the same cycle?  How long does it usually take the 80,000 bonus points to show up? Also, how long does it take for the points to show up/transfer from Chase to my Marriott Rewards account? Thanks in advance for the help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How long does it take for the 80,000 bonus points to show on your account after reaching spending minimum?
    nationwide Platinum

mtakehara, this has been the subject of considerable discussion on Insiders with a range of answers.  I received mine within the first 30 days, and a recent referral of mine also got his within that time frame.  Others have been reported 6 to 8 weeks for the bonus to post.  The points will post directly to your MR account just as you observed with your billing cycle.  That said, I'm surprised that you didn't receive the bonus at the same time.  Let's tag in carat or AndrewT to see if they can give you an assist.  I'm sure it's just a matter of time, but it can't hurt to get a helping hand.  Enjoy the points and the 15 elite night credits too!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How long does it take for the 80,000 bonus points to show on your account after reaching spending minimum?
    AZDesertRat Platinum

mtakehara - I received my new MR Business Card this year on March 28, and immediately put it to heavy use.  My 80,000 bonus points were posted to my account on May 13, 2016.  Not paying much attention, I realized much later that I had not received the promised 15 nights credit.  One phone call was necessary to fix it, and the 15 nights were credited to me on October 4, 2016.  You probably won't receive any separate notice of the posting of these points and nights, so it is wise to monitor your MR account and follow up if you don't see them within a few weeks.  Pleased to hear that you will be getting this benefit - it sure boosted my account balances!

Jsucool76 Gold

Points posting for chase cards can be finicky, you will get your points though.

It depends on when in the month you hit your spend threshold.

If you hit it within the first 20ish days of your current statement period, you should get them as soon as your statement cuts. If it is later than that, you will likely need to wait until your next statement cuts.

You can always call chase and ask them to immediately post your points. They may say no, but they may say yes.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...