4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2016 11:59 PM by Jsucool76 RSS

Which credit card to use at hotel

imxelite Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I booked my stay at the cosmopolitan thru the Marriott website. I booked using my amex platinum card. However, I do have an amex spg card as well. I wanted to know which card should I be using to get the most points/benefits for my stay? My Plat card gave me gold status with Marriott rewards.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Which credit card to use at hotel
    AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there,

Credit cards will continue to link to the program they're associated with, and you will continue to accumulate points with that program.

Once you’ve linked accounts, you can transfer points earned through your credit card in one program to another program. If you’ve earned Elite night credits through your credit card, you can’t transfer those. However, if your card has given you Elite status, that status can be applied across programs through Status Match.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Jsucool76 Gold

What other cards do you have? Paying with your platinum card will net you 1 membership rewards point per dollar spent.

There is always a better option. The platinum card is a benefits card, not an earning card (for the most part).

imxelite Gold

The only cards I have right now are amex gold, platinum and SPG.

Jsucool76 Gold

The SPG card will get you 2 SPG points per dollar....which transfers to 6 marriott points per dollar. It's the highest earning marriott card currently, but the points won't count towards lifetime status (if that means anything to you)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...