2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2016 11:50 AM by peymanagement RSS

Need a few elite nights- too late to use credit card?

drobins9 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi-

I will need 3 or 4 elite nights to hit Platinum status- something I didn't think I was on track for.  I can rack up the credit card spend, but I am unsure if the elite nights will be applied in time.  I have searched all over the forums, and don't see anything conclusive.  My next credit card statement closes on 12/6.  Some of what I have read is that the elite nights are credited a few days after the close of each calendar month for the purchases in the prior calendar month.  If that is the case, I can certainly rack up some purchases in November and get the elite night credits in December.  Does anyone have any more authoritative understanding of exactly when the spend-related credits are given?

Thank you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Need a few elite nights- too late to use credit card?
    dws916 Platinum

Based on my own personal experience- the credit period for the elite night takes about 2 weeks from the close of the statement.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Need a few elite nights- too late to use credit card?
    peymanagement Platinum

drobins9, I dont have the credit card that has the night credit for spend, however if you are in the 70's the last week of December, call CS and make your plea. I had 73 the first year that i made plat and called them and they gave me plat.

It is always worth a try.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...