5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2016 10:30 AM by carat RSS

Search by Concierge Lounge?

rebeccakirahannah Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Other than searching through the forum (which is awesome) and just plain google-ing (less awesome) is there a way to short list Marriotts that have a concierge lounge?  I always thought that it would be logical to be able to select the presence of a concierge lounge in the list of amenities on the Marriott site similar to the way that I am able to select "pool" or "fitness centre" but this never appears as an option for me. It's not a deal breaker for me, but often times it is the deal maker because at the end of the day I just want to grab a quick drink, a light bite and collapse on the Marriott bed without having to venture out for a real meal so I will choose the hotel with the lounge over the one without, all other things being basically equal. This is particularly important if I am travelling solo and I want to avoid that awkward single woman in a restaurant/bar thing. Any tips?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Search by Concierge Lounge?
    erc Platinum

Here's the bible over at FlyerTalk - compiled by our pal skiadcock

Go to first new post  Sticky  MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (Multi-page thread  1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Great for comparing values of stays - especially weekends

and since we're all one big happy family, here's Starwoods

Go to first new post   List of Club Lounges (Multi-page thread  1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

starryeyedwonder Platinum

I went to the flyer talk link.   Listed in 2010, so may be out of date.  Is there an up  to date list?

Thanks

erc Platinum

That's the original posting date. The following 138 pages are updates, as recent as today.

So, the list on the original page (skiadcock, puts in the updates as she gets them) is current

tommy_gunn Gold

+1 have always wished there was a CL list or check box on every hotel. As a frequent business and personal traveler, it too makes a big difference to me to have the CL available for waters, snacks, breakfast, etc. I really don't understand why it is not a check box like everything else (pool, internet, jacuzzi, blah blah). Especially when staying for business, or a conference, it's really nice to take a mid-day break and run up there, grab a Coke, check work email, breathe a bit, then run back down to the event.

I usually have to call the hotel and ask, and that is just not efficient for anyone involved. Have not figured out any alternatives, but perhaps the links 'erc' provided will help.

Edit to add: the only other way I have used to check, is going to individual hotel's Marriott site, and look at room types, hotels with a CL will have concierge or lounge level rooms, which is the give-away to having a CL. Still requires a lot of work, but it does work...

Those links are helpful, but many hotels are not listed there, which either leaves you in the dark, or to merely assume there is no CL in that hotel. Hopefully Marriott adds this feature in the future... carat

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great suggestion here!  We have passed this along for the appropriate teams to review.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...