4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2010 2:18 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Petty but Really Annoying at Fairfields

jndcoff Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I travel to large and small communities so I have the opportunity to stay in nearly all Marriott brands throughout the year. Most Fairfields have a reception, breakfast prep and breakfast sitting areas across from the front desk and within those areas are seperate A/C-heating units.

I have noticed that most days in the winter, the manager will turn the heaters down or off to save electricity and in the early morning, while prepping the breakfast area, turn on all the heaters to full heat.  They then go back to other things or get stuck behind the desk doing check outs, etc.  Never the less, the heaters are all stuck on high for an hour and when I hit the breakfast area around 7 AM it is now about 95 degrees in there.  God forbid, there is a line of people making waffles also. I've actually been so uncomfortable that I had to leave the hotel and eat somewhere else.

PLEASE pass the word to the managers at Fairfield Inns.  Manage the heat and it is not necessary to turn the heat up to 10. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Petty but Really Annoying at Fairfields
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

"PLEASE pass the word to the managers at Fairfield Inns."

jndcoff -- I'm sure this situation can be annoying and uncomfortable.  Do you bring it to the attention of front desk clerk, kitchen attendant, or GM when it happens?  Waiting for someone else to mention it doesn't seem to bring the kind of attention to this problem that it needs.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

"PLEASE pass the word to the managers at Fairfield Inns."

I agree with NUHusker's point of view and will take it one step further.  Marriott is no slacker when it comes to inviting feedback.  Comment Cards are placed in all rooms in a prominent position, I've also seen them at the Front Desk.  You can e-mail Customer.Care@Marriott.com and call Guest Services.  At random, Marriott also sends out Guest Satisfaction Surveys. 

Personally, I find the best way to provide feedback that can benefit you immediately is to voice it to the management team where you are a guest.  All the more, if you stay at a property with any frequency.  I think you'll find that the management team will appreciate the feedback.  Their job is to create, maintain and manage the guest environment in a way that makes you feel welcome and comfortable.  

With blizzards hitting many parts of the country and temperatures hovering around freezing longer than usual, the associates doing setup in the wee hours need to feel comfortable too.  What you describe sounds like an oversight and making them aware sets up the opportunity for a positive outcome that may exceed your expectations of comfort next time.

jndcoff Platinum

I do attempt to contact the manager and politely offer feedback out of professional courtesy.  It is generally accepted well.  My reasoning for bringing it to the board is because it is so pervasive.  I experienced it again this morning. What amazed me was the fact that the person on duty was wondering the area while I was eating breakfast.  It was obvious he hadn't been in the area for a while since the coffee pots were empty.  I noticed the heat and got up to check the settings. They were set to high heat and the thermostat were set to 85 degrees.  I turned them both down 70 degrees. 

tjcnewyork Platinum

"I noticed the heat and got up to check the settings. They were set to high heat and the thermostat were set to 85 degrees."

That's excessive and would make me feel very uncomfortable too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...