4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2016 9:03 AM by mustanggt RSS

Poland perhaps...

7 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have a 4-day weekend coming up and the wife's feet are getting itchy. Last night we were looking at a cheap flight to Stockholm, but there were only 3 cheap seats left (conveniently exactly what we needed). But, I hadn't gotten my leave approved yet so I didn't book. Got it approved today and now the flight prices have doubled.

So, we are looking at Plan P as in Poland. We've not been there yet either and it's about an 8-hr drive to Warsaw or 12 to Krakow. We'll save by driving instead of flying and everything there is much cheaper than Stockholm anyway so it seems like a good idea.

From the few people I've know that have been over there people seem to think that Warsaw is just ok but they really like Krakow. Basically a full day will be spent driving each way. So, I'm trying to decide between like 1 night in Warsaw and 2 in Krakow or just spend all 3 in one place.

I guess I could use my Cat 1-5 certificate at the Marriott Warsaw and then stay 2 nights at the Sheraton Grand Krakow. That seems to be about the best plan. No award availability on the first 2 nights so I'd have to go to Krakow the first 2 nights and then use the cert at the Warsaw Marriott on the way back. (This sort of thing is why I almost think the cert with the credit card is more trouble than it's worth. I'd much rather just have a flat # of points that I could apply toward any category than constantly having to be on the look out for lower category properties.)

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Warsaw, Poland Marriott Hotels & Resorts Warsaw Marriott Hotel
  • Re: Poland perhaps...
    seatexan Platinum

Let us know what you decide.  Sounds like a fun road trip.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I was in Warsaw this year and really liked it.  I spent 3 nights at the Marriott and got a really good price and just paid for it.  The location is good with public transportation close.  The hotel treated me very well with a great breakfast every morning and the EL in the evening.  Yes.  Prices are cheap.  Cab fares are unbelievable cheap too.  The food was good.  Many sites to see.  Went to a free Chopin concert in the park and really enjoyed it.  I could have easily spent another day.  Why spend time traveling for a day?

peymanagement Platinum

I didn't stay at Marriott but i preferred Krakow. Warsaw was pretty much leveled in WW2 and the re building was done in soviet times so not so interesting. Krakow is much more interesting, lots of history and charm.

mustanggt Platinum

I too enjoyed Krakow more than Warsaw.  This city largely survived the war and its history is unforgettable!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...