3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2016 9:49 AM by iahflyr RSS

Recent Stay

BusinessTravelerD Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I had a stay in Marriott waterfront in Oceancity, MD on October 27-31.  I had reserved an oceanfront room.  When I reached hotel( was little late, but checked in using mobile app)  an old grumpy lady was at the desk and she didn't even mind to greet or atleast look at me properly.  To add it to the wound, she refused to give me an oceanfront room even after I mentioned I'm a platinum elite and reserved an oceanfront.  Mostly she would have collected tips from earlier guests and changed my room to a side one.  This was unfortunate for Marriott policy which states we absolutely guarantee the room type guest (if you are a platinum) request.  As all of these are done on the reservation itself online, I have to assume there is no chance another guest is getting a room which is already booked.  This is manually overridden and reallocated in my case.  So shameful Marriott..You shouldn't keep grumpiness in your mostly visited hotels..  this can affect your business and erode sand out to the ocean one grain at a time..

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Recent Stay
    erc Platinum

It would seem to me that this would fall under the Guaranteed Room Type

Marriott Rewards® Elite Benefits Guarantee

Ultimate Reservation Guarantee

Young, professional woman looking at her mobile phone 

If for some reason we’re unable to honor your reservation, we’ll pay for your accommodations that night at a nearby hotel and compensate you for the inconvenience. To be eligible, you must provide your Marriott Rewards membership number when making a reservation. Compensation varies by hotel brand.

Now, the $100 probably wouldn't be worth the headache, especially given the treatment you've already received, (no doubt CY might argue that policy is only for being walked) but those 90,000 points, that's a different story.

This is an interesting case to me, in that they didn't walk you, and they didn't give you a different bed type (another guarantee) but they certainly, IMO, didn't Honor Your Reservation (and they do charge more for Ocean Front than for City View, so it's definitely a different reservation).

What say you Insiders? Any experience like this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

peymanagement Platinum

I certainly agree with you erc the room booked would have been more expensive than the one provided  so compensation is warranted.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I'd also have to agree with some compensation being due however; I really don't think I'd approach with the attitude of the lady "would have collected tips from earlier guests and changed my room to a side one". 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...