5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2010 10:32 PM by steve_in_ny RSS

Rollover Nights

stormin Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott congratulated me on earning xx rollover nights, but, they do not tell me what they mean or how they are used or calculated.

Can anyone give me some insight on this?

I am currently silver level.

Thx.

Norm

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rollover Nights
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Sure can--those nights are banked in your account so that instead of starting with zero nights in 2010 you have XX nights.  That means you are that muich closer to renewal of that level or getting to the higher ones.

The program is extended to this year as well so you can earn over and above the levels for 2011.

Good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Stormin

Put another way, Marriott has 3 Elite levels: Silver, Gold and Platinum.  Paid nights at a Marriott hotel are required to qualify. Silver requires 10 paid nights, Gold needs 50 nights and Platinum 75 nights. 

Each paid night is called an Elite Qualifying Night or EQN.  Rollover Nights are calculated by counting the number of paid nights above your current Elite status.  If you have xx Rollover Nights, it means that in 2009 you stayed xx paid nights over the 10 required to requalify for Silver status in 2010. 

How do you use them?  As Stepping Stones outlines, the xx rollover nights will be counted towards the Elite Qualifying Nights needed to requalify for Silver in 2011.  So, Rollover Nights give you a jumpstart  towards requalifying your status in 2011.

eyes_of_texas Platinum

Stormin, rollover nights are the nights you stayed last year that exceeded the number of nights you needed to earn your current level but did not use to earn the next level.  As you are a silver MR member, the nights you stayed last year in excess of 10 nights (but less than the 50 nights which would have qualify you at gold) were carried to this year.  Gold MR members received rollovers for nights in excess of 50 but less than 75.  Platinum MR members got rollover nights for each night stayed in excess of 75.  Hope this helps.

mike46 Gold

I think that rollover nights are new in 2010.

It seems that nights stayed in 2009 will be "rolled over" into 2010 and count towards achieving elite status this year.

For example, if you stayed 20 nights in 2009 and therefore have 20 "rollover nights", then you will only have to stay a further 30 nights this year to achieve the 50 nights required for Gold status.

Pretty neat.

steve_in_ny Silver

Hi,

I stayed 11 nights last year (1 unpaid - Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card night).

I did not see the 15 nights I was supposed to receive for having that card. Nor do I have any rollover nights on my account for this year.

My question is should I have 15 nights rolled over from the card last year? If so, I will call to ensure they were applied and that they will be rolled over.

Thanks for the help. Am not sure if those nights that I didn't ever see were applicable to rollover or not.

Steve

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...