16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2016 7:01 AM by nationwide RSS

100 Elite Nights

jhincle Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is there any benefit to getting to 100 elite nights?   I will be close by the end of the year depending on how my work schedule shakes out.  If I'm at 98 or 99 is it worth booking a couple of extra nights to put me over the edge? Thanks in advance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 100 Elite Nights
    seatexan Platinum

You get more rollover nights for the next year which will help you to rearchive platinum or gold.

If I can find the post by bejacob, I'll edit this and post in on here.  It's about rollover nights.  Unless he post it first!

Ok I ended up finding this post with a helpful answer from brightlybob

Re: Rollover nights when total night stay >149

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Exactly - Rolling 25 over to next year makes it that much easier to hit status next year AND drives you to Lifetime Status that much quicker - not to mention all the points you will be piling up.

I hit a high of 125 one year, so platinum the next year, in conjunction with the nights credit from the credit card was extremely easy.  I may have hit it in Jan or Feb that year.

jhincle Platinum

Outside of rollover, any benefits? I know that other programs have different platinum (or equivelant) tiers which may have additional benefits. This is my first year as platinum with Marriott. 

seatexan Platinum

Marriott doesn't have tiers... SPG does so maybe in the future they will.  It is just best to get all the nights you can as you never know what is to come

seachi Platinum

It's a nice milestone to hit 100, but the next status (Platinum Premier) is not within your reach (no official number, but allegedly 125+).

etwhite Platinum

seachi, I don't think we will ever truly know what the qualifications are for PP.  Trust me, I have tried.  You will hear things like Top 1% of Platinum or  Top 3%,  Then you will hear it takes certain number of nights vs.dollars spent.  I've seen people state that they had over 200 nights and none of those on Credit Card points and still didn't get it.  I hit PP in 2015 with 121 nights.  Go Figure!!!!

mustanggt Platinum

PP is the top 3% of all platinum elite members.  Therefore it can vary year to year.

texaschef Platinum 1 Reviews

272 nights in rooms so far this year for me....

seachi Platinum

Including rollover or not? Never met a chef so well travelled.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Me think the texaschef has been traveling for the place of work training new Chefs!

texaschef Platinum 1 Reviews

Hey Seachi!

I head up our Marketing and Promotions for my company...so that tends to give me the qualifying

stays that I do get.

IAHFLY - You were spot on!

insertcoffee Platinum

Every night you acquire at this point will essentially count double due to rollover & LT nights accumulation. For this fact alone, worth adding as many as possible once threshold is reached.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Yes, I must admit I'm doing that at the moment. Any extra nights over 75 come unt twice towards lifetime and helps me as  whilst I made the 2 million points a couple of years ago, its the nights I struggle with. The first half of the year was low travel, not including my honeymoon redemption I managed only 10 nights. However the second half has been much higher at 40 paid nights and all that has coincided with the double nights promo meaning with my 15 redemption nights and 10 credit card I'll end the year at the credited at 115 nights, rolling over 40 nights. Effectively the double nights promo works out at triple nights credit since the 40 doubled nights all get counted again due to rollover. Not that I need 'em for rollovers, all these extra nights will mean I finally join IAHFLYR erc and nationwide at the lifetime table...

Bring it on brightlybob, will be an honor to have you at the table with us!

nationwide Platinum

It's a kid's table brightlybob!  You may want to bring that kneeling cushion! 

Happy weekend all!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...